The flu, or pneumonia sharp? A question I don’t think a lot of the AS patients, we would like to diagnose ourselves that we are infected with the flu and need to go to the doctor.
Let’s in this article we talk about the disease “pneumonia” or ” acute lung inflammation ” its causes and how it is diagnosed, prevention, complications and treatment too, especially that of the common ailments that afflict children, the elderly and the staff also.
Inflammatory disease of the lung
Is the case of inflammation, affects the lung one or two caused most often by infection with bacteria attacking the alveoli (be filled with question and pus), thus limiting the difficulty breathing.
The causes of injury in lung inflammation
- Micro-organisms a distinct form of bacteria which is for the most part, so that the name of the bacteria causing the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae streptococcus pneumoniae, viruses, fungi.
- The gases used in the war.
- Exposure to frequent radiation.
Types of inflammation of the lung
There are two types of bacterial infection based on the source of the infection
- First: pneumonia acquired from the environment is what is known as community acquired pneumonia and caused by infection with the microphone away from hospital settings.
- Second: – acquired pneumonia from the hospital, which is known بhospital acquired pneumonia is the most dangerous, as it results from infection with the microphone inside the hospital, and it’s mostly be-causing bacteria not resistant to antibiotics.
Factors help in the exposure of the inflammation of the lung
- Children less than two years older.
- The intake of alcohol.
- The low area.
- Some of the lung diseases.
- People who have suffered from clots.
- The owners of chronic diseases.
Symptoms of infection with inflammation of the lung
Most often the symptoms are resulting from viral pneumonia similar to the symptoms of flu and the temperature starts to rise after 36 hours of infection, either bacterial pneumonia temperature rises above 40 degrees Celsius. Can be summarized the symptoms of the following:
- Temperature, sweats and chills.
- Cough be the first days of Java, and then turns into a cough are best (phlegm).
- Soreness in the chest.
- A slowdown in development.
- Fatigue and loss of appetite.
Is pneumonia contagious? And modes of transmission
In most of the species have contagious especially in the case of bacterial inflammation offers, either innate Vickers of the environmental conditions of the surrounding. As for the modes of transmission, and it will be peace by inhaling droplets from the cough or sneeze of a patient. Has been transmitted from the mother to her baby through blood during birth.
How can protect ourselves from infection with pneumonia
We can’t control that can we prevention of this disease entirely, but there are some precautions that must be taken into account:
- Taking the vaccination is what is known as pneumococcal vaccines.
- Wash your hands always.
- Stay away from smoking.
- Exercise alongside healthy eating.
How can we diagnose pneumonia?
The diagnosis is made based on the symptoms suffered by the patient, hear the sound of the lung where there is an unusual sound like the sound of cracking, but the main consideration on the use of X-rays to the chest area.
In advanced cases, your doctor to are other tests to confirm like:
- Examination of the urine.
- Examination of the sputum.
- Computed tomography.
How is the treatment infection of the lung?
And because the main cause of inflammation of the lung acute is bacterial, the treatment depends entirely on the use of appropriate antibiotics depending on the degree of infection and the patient’s condition, it may be that using a single antibiotic or more. In simple cases we rely on the Macrolides, and the expected loss resort to the use of Cephalosporins second generation, the advanced cases held the use of Cephalosporins the third generation.
In the case of inflammation of the virus and fungal is used anti virus and anti fungi commensurate with the patient’s condition.
What about using treatments to help
Advisable to use remedies to help giving the patient fluids, saline solution, medications, supportive to, in some cases, such as cortisone and finally oxygen as a supporter of the device development. Can also use some medications to address the symptoms of the distinct best heat and analgesics, antihistamines, cough. And talk through what in simple cases, but in the case of the elderly or children may require two weeks or more.
Finally, complications of pneumonia
In case you are treatment of pneumonia may lead to several serious complications and death, including:
- Bacteremia, any spread of bacteria in blood, which may cause sepsis and death.
- Lung abscess (pus).
- Difficulty in breathing due to lack of oxygen.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome, and of dangerous situations.
- Osmosis the Crystal distinct water to accumulate outside the lung.
- MEDSCPE (Jun 21, 2019) pneumonia, Available at: https://search.medscape.com/search/?q=pneumonia (Accessed: 10/NOV/2019).
- Drug.com () pneumonia, Available at: https://www.drugs.com/condition/chronic-lung-disease.html (Accessed: 10/NOV/2019).
- Thomas M File, Jr, MD (May 02, 2019.) Treatment of community-acquired pneumonia in adults in the outpatient, Available at: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/treatment-of-community-acquired-pneumonia-in-adults-in-the-outpatient-setting?search=pneumonia&source=search_result&selectedTitle=1%7E150&usage_type=default&display_rank=1 (Accessed: 10/NOV/2019).