It may be your first day without cigarettes is difficult, so here are 5 steps to answer your question How can get rid of the smoking habit effectively, continue reading to learn more about these steps.
How to get rid of the habit of smoking?
Here are some steps that will help you quit smoking:
Commitment to your plan.
Review the Quit Plan can make the day of take-off more easily, this will help you maintain your focus and remember the incentive to take off from the beginning; if you haven’t developed a plan to takeoff yet, it’s never too late, to develop a plan now.
And remember, there is no plan DEP-uniform, we must be a plan suitable to your needs and appropriate for your condition, so be honest with yourself, if NRT use for example suitable for you, then put this in your plan, and so on.
Read also: smoking pathologies of all kinds for asthma patients
You don’t need to rely on willpower alone to say about smoking, there are other things you can do to help you pass the period of take-off safely.
You can for example seek help from your friends and family, especially in the first few days may be the hardest to get; you can also resort to social networking sites or request help through one of the hotline of your area, or consult a doctor.
Fill in their spare time
Is busyness a great way to stay without smoking for the greatest time possible, being busy will help prevent your mind from smoking and you desire to get nicotine, the idea to experience some of these activities:
- Get out of the house for a walk.
- Chewing gum or Hard Candy.
- Keep your hands busy using a pen or tooth brushing, or try some hobbies or games that keep you busy for some time.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to relax with deep breathing.
- Spend some time with friends and family, than non-smokers of course.
- Go to dinner at your favorite restaurant that doesn’t allow smoking.
Read Also: How to deal with relapse of smoking?
How can continue to get rid of the habit of smoking?
Avoid triggers of smoking
Motivators are people, places, things, and situations that provoke your desire to smoke, try to avoid the causes of smoking, here are some tips to help you overcome some of the causes of smoking are common:
- Get rid of cigarettes, lighters and ashtrays available in front of you all the time.
- Avoid caffeine, because it may lead to increase your sense of power, and try to eat the money instead.
- Spend some time with non-smokers.
- Go to places where no smoking is permitted.
- Get plenty of rest and healthy eating; fatigue may lead you to smoking.
- Change your routine to avoid the things that may be linked to smoking, such as the areas and people associated with smoking.
Read also: clean the lungs when smokers by natural methods pass
Quitting smoking is difficult, it may take days or weeks to commit to it, try not to think about the idea of quitting forever, this idea may be somewhat cumbersome, and instead think about quitting every single day.
Directing attention to this just today without thinking in the long term will help you to stay positive, despite the fact that the first days may not be perfect, but all that matters is continuity in the commitment to the plan of quitting your.
And don’t forget to reward yourself after quitting smoking for 24 hours, this period is the hardest; they have to quit smoking at first difficult, but after several days will become easier, and within several weeks will not think about it at all, and over time you will not need to nicotine at all will be a big lead in your health, why not start now?
Read also: passive smoking .. harmful to pregnant women and children
In case you have similar questions for how to get rid of the habit of smoking or how to quit smoking, you can consult one of our doctors here.