Have you ever thought about quitting smoking? This bad habit may be difficult to get rid of him, but it is possible, you know with us on how to get rid of smoking permanently through the following.
How to get rid of smoking for good.
Here are some tips to help you get rid of smoking permanently:
- Select a quit date.
- Tell family, friends and coworkers you plan to quit smoking.
- Expectations and plans for the challenges to be faced during the period of Quit Smoking.
- Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your house and your car and your workplace.
- Talk to your doctor about getting help to make the quitting less difficult.
Once you stop smoking, it is likely to face a number of physical symptoms with withdrawal your body of nicotinestart nicotine withdrawal quickly, usually starts within hours of the last cigarette and reaches its climax after two to three days, and may take the withdrawal symptoms for a few days to several weeks and differ from person to person.
Read also: the dangers of smoking and harms of passive smoking
Include the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal common:
- Cravings to smoke.
- Anxiety and nervousness.
- Irritability level and anger.
- Difficulty focus.
- Increased cough.
- Constipation and stomach disorders.
- Low heart rate.
We know that your battle for how to get rid of smoking permanently will not be sufficient alone, and although the withdrawal symptoms may be unpleasant, it is important to remember it’s only temporary, you will move in within a few weeks where toxins are eliminated from the body during this period.
In the meantime, let friends and family know that you will be on your nature during this period and ask them to understand this.
Read Also: How to clean the lungs effects of smoking?
How to overcome the desire to smoke again.
Now that we know how to get rid of smoking permanently you ways to overcome the desire to return to smoking; then finding a replacement can run your mouth out, you can leave other things in your possession all the time to get it in your mouth when you feel the cravings for smoking.
- Try mints or sticks of carrot or celery or a piece of chewing gum or sunflower seeds or other teeth as an alternative to smoking andnicotine dependence.
- Try to keep your mind busy as much as possible, especially during the initial period of quitting smoking; read a book or magazine or listen to some music that you love, or solve some crossword puzzles or other activities that may keep you busy for some time.
- Clean your teeth; you can help feeling for and recovery in to get rid of cravings for smoking cigarettes.
- Drink water; drink slowly a large glass of water, will not only help to overcome the cravings for smoking, but staying hydrated helps minimize the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal.
- I feel like something else, instead of to ignite the cigarette, I light a candle or some incense.
- Go for a walk, and some exercise, such as push-ups, or try some yoga exercises, or jogging.
- Try to relax, do something relaxing, such as bathing with warm water, meditate or read a book or practice deep breathing exercises.
- Smoking is not allowed in certain places, for example, you can log in to a public building or a store or a mall or a cafe or a movie theater without worrying about passive smoking.
Read Also: What are the symptoms of quitting smoking and how can they be overcome?
What do you do in the event of a relapse?
Most people try to stop smoking several times before they stop the habit permanently, so don’t blame yourself if you suffered a setback during the period of take-off, rather, about the setback to the mistake can learn from it.
Download what happened before you start smoking again, and select stimuli or places that you encounter the desire to smoke, and develop a new plan to stop smoking until you reach the plan perfect.
Read Also: How to get rid of the habit of smoking once and for all?
You can choose to learn from the previous period, and let it motivate you to greater effort or you can use this setback as an excuse to return to the habit of smoking, the option for you; for more information about how to get rid of smoking permanently you can consult one of our doctors here.