Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects millions of people around the world, but how do we protect ourselves from diabetes? You know with us dear reader on the types of diabetes and the most important tips to prevent the risk of diabetes.
Types of diabetes
Buy diabetes on the different types:
- Diabetes of the first type.
- Diabetes of the second type.
- Gestational diabetes.
Read also: know the causes of diabetes.
How do we protect ourselves from diabetes?
You can help reduce the risk of diabetes by understanding the risks and making changes to your lifestyle, and examples of the common risk factors:
Increased weight and blood pressure, increased levels of cholesterol andtriglycerides in the blood, and we know that changing habits is not easy, but it is worth the effort.
Here are some tips to know how to protect ourselves from diabetes?
- Weight loss, the excess in the body if it is stored around the abdomen can increase the body’s resistance to the hormone insulin this can lead to infection with Type II diabetes.
- Exercise regularly, as physical activity helps to manage weight, lower blood sugar levels, it also improves the blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid drinks that contain a high percentage of sugar, it helps you money on the control of sugar levels and insulin instead of other beverages which reduces the risk of injury.
- Eating food a healthy and balanced diet, like you can do the following:
- Not eating foods that contain a high percentage of carbohydrates and sugar, because they increase the sugar levels in the blood which leads to diabetes over time.
- Reduce the amount of fat especially saturated and trans fat.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables and foods rich in fiber.
- Reduced salt in food.
- Limit takeaway and processed foods, they are usually rich with fats, it is best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
- Quit smoking if you are a smoker, the elderly are more susceptible to diabetes than non-smokers.
- Quit drinking alcohol, and how to protect ourselves from diabetes? You need to refrain from drinking alcohol, he drank alcohol may lead to weight gain and may increase blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- Control of blood pressure, you can do this by exercising regularly and follow a balanced diet, maintain a healthy weight, but some cases you need to drugs to consult a doctor.
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases have many shared risk factors, including obesity and physical inactivity.
- Improve the levels of vitamin (D), and vitamin (D) is important for control of sugar, and you can consumption of foods rich in vitamin (D) or taking supplements to improve the proportion of it in blood.
- Drinking coffee and tea, containing coffee, tea antioxidants known as polyphenols , which may help in protection from diabetes, as green tea also contains a compound of anti-oxidants, and that these antibiotics work to reduce blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity thereby reducing the risk of injury.
- Consult a doctor always for regular check-ups, especially when you age, it is best to check the level sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels regularly.
Read Also: methods don’t know Prevention of diabetes.
In the end, dear reader, after what I knew the answer to your question How to protect ourselves from diabetes? Try to follow the healthy food regulations and common sense to protect yourself from the risk of diabetes, and if you have any queries or consultation you can consult one of our doctors from here.