Deciding to quit smoking is the hardest, but worth a try of course; today we will give you the answer to the question How can I quit smoking by way of some tips that will help you complete the journey to quit smoking clear the last one .. keep reading to know more.
Most people realize the many health risks that arise from cigarette smoking, however, is still the use of tobacco is the leading cause of death and preventable diseases; and quitting smoking is not one event happen in one day, it’s a journey.
And by quitting smoking will improve your health and quality of life, as well as the lives of those around you, all you have to do to quit smoking is to change your behavior and cope with withdrawal symptoms some patience, also you should try to find some ways to deal with change your mood during smoking cessation.
And by following a few tips and patience, you’ll be able to check the nicotine addiction in no time.
Read Also: How to quit smoking …. 10 ways to facilitate the take-off
How can I quit smoking?
Once you decide to stop smoking, we were ready to set a date to quit smoking; choose a day not too far in the future, preferably the date soon so don’t change your mind, and start to prepare yourself for the day.
There are two ways to quit smoking, but in the end you have to decide which is optimal for you:
- An abrupt quit, or continue smoking until the quit date and then stop suddenly.
- Take-off gradually, or reduce the consumption of cigarettes slowly until a quit date then stop.
Research found that compare the take-off was sudden with gradual that it does not produce higher rates of any of the two methods, so choose the way that suits you including that there is no difference.
Read also: quit smoking … how do I make this decision?
Here are some tips recommended by the American Cancer Society to answer the question How can I quit smoking and to help you get ready for a date to quit smoking:
- Tell friends, family, and coworkers about the Quit Smoking date.
- Get rid of all cigarettes and new cigarettes that exist in your house or your car, and other places.
- Decided whether you’re going to quit smoking abruptly or gradually.
- If you are planning to attend a support group to stop smoking, register now.
- Edit the alternatives can be ingested through the mouth, such as hard candy, chewing gum, sugar free, carrot, coffee and some teeth.
- Set up a support system, such as a family member who stopped smoking successfully, to help you.
- Ask friends and family who smoke not to smoke around you.
- If you try to quit smoking before, think about the things you’ve done and succeed so don’t repeat it again.
- Can some daily activities, like waking up in the morning, finishing a meal, taking a coffee break, that urges you to smoke a cigarette, so break the relationship between triggers smoking is a good way to help you fight the desire to smoke.
Read also: clean the lungs when smokers by natural methods pass
Other tips to quit smoking
These tips may motivate you to continue on your journey to quit smoking, try some:
- NRT, such as chewing gum or the nicotine patch may help you quit smoking, because they are designed to give your body a certain proportion of nicotine to the withdrawal of water from your body permanently; to consult your doctor before starting to use them.
- Consult your doctor when you quit smoking, and may prescribe you some medications that help you quit smoking in a healthy way.
- The idea in the presence of one of the support groups; these groups are the bus persons who quit smoking, might be identify their experiences good catalyst for you.
- Try some alternative therapies, such as yoga and meditation andacupuncture and herbs and supplements, but consult your doctor before trying any of them to make sure they fit your case.
- The idea in the use of e-cigarettes for some time, might help you get a percentage of nicotine that your body needs so just you think on withdrawal; consult your physician before using electronic cigarettes may provide you with type for you.
Read Also: How to deal with relapse of smoking?
You may have quit smoking in the beginning is daunting, but the benefits will be many in the future; to answer other questions such as, how can I quit smoking you can consult one of our doctors here.