Depends liver the second largest organ after the skin, the largest around tomorrow, the color of brown red, in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen, surrounded by a membrane of thick, and four parts, and secreting many enzymes, which give us a clue to the health of the liver, so the longer high liver enzymes evidence of damage to cell her.
The function of the liver
- Works as a filter mechanic for the blood coming from the digestive tract, where they pass all the material which has been absorbed from the intestine to the liver first, to be processed to remove its toxicity by allowing it to spread in the body.
- Work on removing the toxicity of a number of materials cables resulting from the cracking of heme electron.
- Works on manufacturing a lot of the important proteins colon and coagulation factors.
- Plays an important role in the process of digestion consists in the production of bile and the substances such as carbohydrates.
What are the enzymes of the liver?
Is measured the liver function of some proteins and enzymes and materials including:
- Albumin, a protein made by the liver.
- Total protein (TP).
- Enzymes present in the liver, including alanine transaminases (ALT), The transaminase aspartate aminotransferase (AST), the sense of alkaline (ALP), and transpeptidase gamma-glutamyl (GGT).
- Bilirubin, a yellowish substance part of the bile, are formed when composed of red blood cells. The high proportion of bilirubin in the blood can cause jaundice. There is also a urine test bilirubin.
- Prothrombin measures how long it takes for blood to clot. Consists of prothrombin by the liver.
Causes of high liver enzymes
There are some diseases that cause a rise in enzymes or liver function:
- Hepatitis types A ,B ,C: which causes inflammation of the liver cells job.
- Fatty liver disease is an accumulation of some of fat in the liver.
- Metabolic syndrome is a group of risk factors for heart disease that increase the chance of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Cirrhosis of the liver any cells became liver cells useless.
- Drug abuse.
What are the symptoms of high liver enzymes
Include the symptoms of hepatitis include the following:
- Jaundice is a yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes and mucous membranes caused by liver problems.
- Pain or swelling in the abdomen.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- The color of dark urine.
- Stools pale in color.
- Weakness, and fatigue.
- I said appetite.
Your doctor may also perform a test enzyme of the liver patients:
- Drink a lot of alcohol or drug abuse.
- Have a family history of liver disease.
- Suffering from overweight.
- Have diabetes and heart disease.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine (2019) Liver: Anatomy and Functions, Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/liver_biliary_and_pancreatic_disorders/liver_anatomy_and_functions_85,P00676 (Accessed: 29 Octuber 2019).
- U. S. National Library of Medicine (2018) Liver Function Tests , Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/liverfunctiontests.html (Accessed: 29 Octuber 2019).
- Cleveland Clinic. (2017) Elevated Liver Enzymes: Possible Causes , Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17679-elevated-liver-enzymes/possible-causes (Accessed: 29 Octuber 2019).