Calcium is an important element in the body, but what if the increased availability of calcium P-body? And how can you get rid of excess calcium in the body is? You know me dear reader, to answer these questions.
What is the excess calcium in the body?
We can figure out how to get rid of excess calcium in the body , when we know what is excess calcium in the body. Where to disease, hypercalcemia is a condition in which the concentration of calcium is high in the blood. Also necessary to perform the normal function of organs, cells, muscles and nerves, it is also important in blood clotting and bone health.
However, the calcium balance significantly in the body can cause problems, the imposition of the calcium the blood makes it difficult for the body to perform its natural functions, and the presence of extremely high levels of calcium can be life-threatening.
Symptoms of hypercalcemia
You may not show any noticeable symptoms if you suffer from hypercalcemia light, but if your condition is more serious, typically have signs and symptoms affect different parts of the body, including:
- Extreme fatigue.
The symptoms associated with the college include:
- Extreme thirst.
- Excessive urination.
- Pain between the back and abdomen because of kidney stones.
Symptoms related to the abdomen include:
- Pain in the abdomen.
- I said appetite.
- Can affect the high calcium on the cardiac system, causing heart rhythms that are not natural.
- Levels can calcium affect your muscles and cause cramps and weakness.
Levels can calcium high to affect the bone, leading to:
- Bone pain.
An overabundance of calcium can also cause neurological symptoms, such as depression, memory loss, and irritability. And in severe cases can cause confusion and coma.
Read also: the symptoms of increased calcium, and its causes, and its treatment.
How to get rid of excess calcium in the body
Recognize the signs of hypercalcemia on the severity of the situation and the reason behind it.
Normal Egyptian team of blood calcium
- May not need immediate treatment, depending on the cause. However, you will need this case to the periodic follow-up in order to find the fundamental reason that led to this injury.
- The effect of levels of calcium associated with on your body is not only associated with the level of calcium present, but the extent of its height quickly, so it is important to adhere to the recommendations of your doctor for follow-up.
- So calcium levels are associated with slightly, can lead to kidney stones, and kidney damage with the passage of time.
Expected cases of infection
You will most likely need to hospital treatment in case of moderate to severe, the goal of treatment is to restore the calcium level to normal, treatment is aimed also to prevent damage to bones and kidneys, and treatment options include common include the following:
- Calcitonin is a hormone produced in the thyroid gland, slows down the broken bones.
- Fluids taken intravenously reduced levels of calcium in the blood.
- Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory medications, which are useful in the treatment of hypervitaminosis of vitamin D.
- Can drugs diuretics that help your kidneys move fluid and get rid of excess calcium, especially if you suffer from heart failure.
- Abuses in the vein lowers blood calcium levels by regulating calcium in the bones.
- Dialysis may be performed to rid the blood of calcium and excess toxins when the kidneys are damaged, and that usually if not successful, other treatment methods.
In the case of injury, an overactive thyroid
Based on your age, and kidney function, and bone, may require surgery to remove part of the thyroid that does not work normally, this action addresses most of the cases of hypercalcemia caused by overactive thyroid.
If the surgery was not an option for you, it has your doctor may recommend a medication labeled (cinacalcet), where it reduces the level of calcium Your by reducing the production of the hormone glands parathyroid PTH.
If you suffer from osteoporosis, you may be asked your doctor the intake of bisphosphonates to assess the risk of fracture.
In the case of cancer
If you have cancer, your doctor will discuss treatment options to help you determine the best ways to treat hypercalcemia. You may be able to alleviate the symptoms through medications such as bisphosphonates. Has that it makes it easier for you to deal with the cancer treatments your.
Read also: the complications of excess calcium in the blood.
In the end, dear reader, that you know what is excess calcium in the body? How to get rid of excess calcium in the body, and the symptoms of his appearance, and his is different, we recommend you to visit the doctor periodically, and if you have a question, consult one of our doctors here.