Vitamin D is one of the important elements of Health, which is an essential element in many vital processes within the body in addition to the role of this vitamin in maintaining a healthy heart and the Prevention of some diseases such as diabetes and obesity, you know, with us in this article on foods to increase vitamin D
Play sun a significant role in the access of the body a sufficient amount of vitamin D in the case of exposure to direct sunlight for a sufficient period of 10 to 15 minutes.
With respect to persons transfer of vitamin D for osteoporosis, as children are exposed to infection can it is Diseases of the bones particularly affects the strength and likelihood of fracture, affects the immune and nervous system.
Foods increase vitamin D
Of the best ways to get sufficient amount of vitamin D daily is to rely on diverse sources of food and balanced meals and sun exposure a day for a maximum of 15 minutes examples of foods that contain high proportion of vitamin D as follows:
- Liver should be cooked in healthy ways and get them from known sources
- Whole grains are considered a rich source of fiber and protein
- Cereals ready-to-eat
- Cod liver oil is a source of many vitamins
- Egg yolk
- Obesity country
- Dairy products that also contain calcium which works with vitamin D to maintain bone density
- Orange juice
- Swiss cheese
- Yogurt or yoghurt fortified with vitamin D
Read also: symptoms of osteoporosis
The consequences of deficiency of vitamin D
Most people get their daily needs of vitamin D from foods to increase the vitamin D which are found in animal sources and plant, exposure to the sun as much as is suitable and sufficient, but some people thrive and have the likelihood of transfer of vitamin D and show them some health problems, including:
- The elderly
- Of not about people at all.
- Of suffer from obesity or have undergone the process of conversion of the
- The owners of dark skin
- Children who rely on breastfeeding without an external source of vitamin D
- Who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract that lead to malabsorption
The average adult needs mostly to 600 IU of vitamin D daily may increase to 4000 IU according to the health status of each individual.
Foods fortified with vitamin D
Are foods to increase the vitamin D as it is a certain way to help increase the proportion of vitamins in the body by adding vitamin D by more than the existing in the non-foods fortified in vitamin D, but be careful to eat foods fortified with vitamins from known sources and make sure they are free of certain harmful additives such as sugar andhydrogenated fats.
Read also: what is rickets in children?
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
Pain in the bones and weakness in muscles it often refers to the lack of vitamin D, but may share these symptoms with other diseases, but any deficiency in the level of vitamin D in the blood negatively affects the health status of the individual as follows:
- Increases the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Cognitive impairment especially in the elderly
- Increased risk of crises of development in children
- Increased risk of cancer.
After you know the foods to increase the vitamin D and identified the symptoms of deficiency of this vitamin should pay attention to eating the right amount of it a day and move on the exposure to the sun, if you have other queries you can consult one of our doctors here