There are many foods that can affect your teeth, so it is necessary to pay attention to the type of foods you eat because they can cause yellowing of teeth injured by caries us know dear readers in this article on foods harmful to teeth other foods beneficial for teeth.
Foods harmful to teeth
Starchy foods such as potato chips, corn chips, and white bread remains impact between the teeth and cause the formation of bacteria that cause plaque.
Cause the sauce in the yellowing of teeth or change their color so you should rinse your mouth and wash your teeth after eating.
Look sugar-free gum safe teeth however the biggest risk is not only sugar, but the effect of gum devastating for fillings, crowns and bridges when chewing gum increases saliva production, which leads to poor dental fillings and erosion of the tooth enamel.
Tomatoes contain acids harmful to the health of the teeth, especially cooked tomatoes.
Milk of all kinds is harmful to the teeth because they cause the in the registry such as honey, molasses, sugar cane, barley containing these natural sweeteners on high calories and thus be harmful to the teeth.
The effect of smoking on dental health
Smoking can make your teeth look yellow as it causes bad breath and affects development affects the production of saliva and is therefore harmful to the teeth and the majority of the members of the body.
Read also: foods that cause yellowing of the teeth
Foods beneficial for dental health
After you know the foods harmful to teeth know the beneficial foods to the teeth such as:
Fruits such as apples, pears, these foods contain a high percentage of water, which dilutes the effects of sugars they contain and increase the secretion of saliva and help to protection of the registry by getting rid of food particles.
Fish rich in omega 3 such as salmon, mackerel and help in maintaining the health of the tooth and prevent leakage.
Dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, low-fat yogurt contains calcium which helps in keeping the strengthen the bones of the teeth.
Cocoa contains anti-inflammatory properties so it helps in maintaining healthy teeth.
Soy contains a large proportion of calcium which helps in maintaining dental health.
Broccoli contains a large proportion of vitamin k which helps to strengthen teeth.
Tips to get healthy teeth
- Brush your teeth regularly brushing at least twice daily preferably 30-60 minutes after every meal or snack.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride .
- Use dental floss at least once a day.
- Use mouthwash daily.
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and dental cleaning at least twice a year.
- Eat a variety of foods that are beneficial for maintaining overall health and the health of the teeth, especially should eat less foods containing sugars and starches between meals and when you snack choose nutritious foods such as cheese, raw vegetables, yogurt or fruit
- Drink plenty of water as water helps wash food and bacteria found in the mouth and around it also gets rid of the protection that can lead to erosion of tooth enamel and weaken the teeth and make the usual rinse your mouth or rinsing the mouth with water after every meals so you can take all the leftovers out of your mouth.
Read Also: How to get whiter teeth white?
At the end of the article there will be the need to maintain healthy teeth how to get teeth healthy and the most important foods harmful to your teeth , you should choose your food carefully and avoid foods harmful to your teeth and if you have more queries and questions you can consult one of our doctors here