It may be difficult to figure out the best foods you eat when you diabetes, but in this article we will learn on the foods diabetes which is associated mainly to maintain the level of blood sugar continue with us dear reader this article.
There are some foods that are recommended for patients with diabetes such as:
Green leafy vegetables
- Source of vitamins and minerals, and its impact is little on the sugar levels in blood.
- Source of potassium andvitamin A , calcium, they also provide protein and fiber.
- Their high content of the antioxidant of example: spinach, kale and broccoli.
Borrowed one of the small studies that the juice of kale may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
Read also: what is the benefit of dietary fiber for diabetic patients?
Eating a diet rich in fiber important for people who suffer from diabetes because fiber slows down digestion, and therefore absorption of nutrients slower and then maintain blood sugar levels, examples include:
- Brown rice.
Read Also: unlike the rumors is corn useful for diabetes patients?
- Fatty fish are a healthy addition to any diet, as fish contains fatty acids omega 3 fatty important.
- Some fish are a rich source of polyunsaturated fats, monounsaturated including: salmon, sardines, tuna.
- People can eat seaweed, as a source of alternative plant these fatty acids.
- Beans is one of the best foods a diabetic they are a source of vegetable protein, and can clog the appetite to reduce the intake of carbohydrates.
- Beans its glycemic index is low GI which is better blood sugar regulation than many other starchy foods.
- Also contain iron , potassium andmagnesium.
- Nuts are an excellent addition to the diet, containing nuts on fatty acids health help maintain heart health.
- Walnut is rich in omega 3 fatty acids known as acid alpha lipoic.
- May be people who suffer from diabetes are more prone to heart disease or stroke, so it is important to get these fatty acids through diet.
- The nut also essential nutrients, such as protein andvitamin B-6 , magnesium and iron.
- People can add a handful of walnuts to your breakfast or to power, are an excellent addition foods diabetes proposed.
- Research has shown that citrus fruits, such as oranges, grapefruit, lemon, no effects of anti-diabetes.
- Also considered a great source of: vitamin C, folic acid, potassium.
- The Berry is full of anti-oxidants.
- Has blue berries, strawberries contain high levels of antioxidants and fiber.
- Also contain vitamins and other minerals are important, including: vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, and potassium.
- Index glycemic GI of sweet potato less than white potatoes, this makes them one of the foods of diabetes which are recommended by doctors.
- A great source for vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- People can enjoy the sweet potatoes in several ways, including bake, or boil them, or mash them.
Contains probiotics which are beneficial bacteria that live in the human intestinal tract and improve digestion and overall health.
- Source of antioxidants and omega-3, it is also a good source of vegetable protein and fiber.
- So the researchers believe that the chia seed can help people control type 2 diabetes.
Read Also: How to train your chia seed to your diet?
What foods should you reduce them?
- The complex carbohydrates.
- Fruits are high GI choice, such as melon and pineapple, this means that they can increase of glucose in the blood.
- Unhealthy fats, like saturated fats and trans fats, can make the person with diabetes worse like many fried foods and processed.
- Sugar source, is present in cakes, biscuits.
- Sugary drinks such as energy drinks and certain types of coffee.
- Salty foods.
Read also: what is the importance of proper nutrition for patients with diabetes?
In the end, dear reader, of the good that is produced by your diet especially if you are diagnosed with diabetes, and if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.