Did you know that feeding patients with diabetes should be according to the plan of medical carefully thought out, and it is an integral part of the treatment of diabetes, where no less important than medicine? And that, dear reader continued with us to this decision.
What’s the point of following a diet?
- Maintain the sugar level the blood and blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Prevent or delay problems of diabetes.
- Feeling good and get more energy.
Dates eat when diabetic
- Some diabetics to eat at the same time almost every day.
- Others can be more flexible with the timing of their meals, depending on diabetes medications or insulin type, you may need to eat the same amount of carbohydrates at the same time every day, if he was taking insulin for the meals, you may be eating schedule is more flexible.
- If it uses some of the diabetes medications or insulin, delayed meal, it decreases the level of sugar in the blood of a diabetic patient.
Read Also: 10 myths about feeding diabetics.
You might worry that the incidence of diabetes means not eating foods that you enjoy, the good news is that you can still eat your favorite foods, but you may need to be cautious.
- Non-starchy vegetables include broccoli, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Starches include potatoes, corn.
- Fruits such as oranges, melons, berries, apples, and bananas.
- Pills where preferably whole grains such as wheat, rice, oats, cornmeal, barley, andquinoa examples: bread, pasta.
- Proteins such as: tender meat, or chicken, or fish or eggs.
- Nuts and peanuts.
- Dairy products fat-free or low-fat.
- Milk or lactose-free milk if you suffer from lactose intolerance.
- Eat foods that contain healthy fats to which mainly come from these foods: oils such as olive oil, nuts and seeds, heart-healthy fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel.
- The use of oils when cooking food instead of butter or cream or ghee.
Read also: is fruit useful for diabetic patients?
Feeding the diabetic patients in terms of the amount of food
- If you eat the right amount of food will also help to control the level of glucose in the blood, as well as time.
- You can use everyday objects or your hand to assess the quantities.
- One serving of meat or poultry in the size of the palm of your hand.
- One serving of cheese equivalent to the size of six dice.
- Half a cup of cooked rice or pasta in the size of the A handful of the hand or a tennis ball.
- One serving of pancake or waffle is the size of a DVD.
- Tablespoons of peanut butter size of a ping pong ball.
- Should you care about a special share of carbohydrates, because they turn to glucose in the blood, the goal that you should focus on in Fed diabetic patients is to maintain blood glucose levels within the normal ratio.
- Vary the amount of carbs is appropriate for you as you control the diabetes, in terms of your physical activity and medication, if any.
- If you suffer from overweight, you should strive to reduce the weight.
- For weight loss, you need to eat fewer calories and replace unhealthy foods with foods low in calories, fat and sugar.
Read also: what is the importance of exercise for patients with diabetes.
In the end dear reader, if you have diabetes, you should follow the advice of your doctor, diet a few carbohydrates and saturated fats and that contain copious amounts of fiber and a moderate amount of proteins, you should also pay attention actively to your fat especially if you suffer from diabetes Type II, and if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.