All vitamins (B) soluble in water this has the advantage compared with fat soluble vitamins as they are widely available in the body and excreted easily in the urine, and most of the vitamins (B) is safe even in high doses.
In our article we highlight the facts of the deficiency of this vitamin in the body.
A lack of vitamin B
Arrange the functions of vitamin B in the body is closely linked, rarely deficiency occurs in only one Vitamin of this group for this reason in the case of shortage of these vitamins in certain cases (such as pregnancy, lactation and stress developed growth) recommends compensation in the amount of cash food or medicines or dietary supplements.
Could be lack of vitamin B negative effects on the body, and with this deficiency in vitamins will weaken the muscle, the person is infected with anemia that leads to dizziness and shivering.
This vitamin plays a key role in the body where the containing Group B vitamins, on a variety of different functions in the process of metabolism and the nervous system, and can be any of the vitamins of the ” B “in the human body are inadequate because of insufficient nutrition or an obstacle to it.
What are the causes of lack of vitamin (B) in the body? What are the complications that occur in the body as a result of this cash? And how can it be treated?
The causes of deficiency of vitamin B
Happens vitamin deficiency (B) usually two important reasons:
First: occurs in healthy people by eating diets of the same type or follow the diet is one-sided or a lot of fast food and cheap manufactured synthetically.
Second: it is necessary for this vitamin where can body needs for proper growth as well as during stress or during pregnancy and lactation.
Second: but sometimes be the reason that your body does not absorb vitamins from the foods that you eat as a result of your disease or as a result of a surgery or because of my stomach.
Complications deficiency of vitamin (B)
Deficiency of vitamin B1(or thiamine) and B2 (or riboflavin)
See you these vitamins in the conversion of foods into energy helps vitamin B2 on the functioning of the nervous system it is necessary to consider functions of most body cells, especially blood and skin cells, it also helps digestion and regulates appetite.
Vitamin B1: it is effective in vision and plays an important role in strengthening the functions of the nervous system disorders anddiseases of the nervous system in diabetic neuropathy.
Vitamin B2: necessary for fat and protein in the body it also protects red blood cells and lens of the eye, skin and mucous membranes.
Food sources that contain vitamin B1و B2 in whole grains, milk, eggs and vegetables that contain dark green leaves and pulses.
Complication of lack of vitamins B1و B2
- Deficiency of these vitamins is not very common where there are these vitamins in many of the foods we consume, it has been found most of the problems associated with the transport of these vitamins in persons who suffer from the problems of alcohol abuse.
- May occur loss of appetite due to deficiency of vitamin B1 may also cause memory problems, and usually see the problem of memory in older individuals it is therefore recommended that takes older this vitamin as a supplement to diet.
- The lack of vitamin B1 is the most common to the appearance of Neurological Disorders myocardial insufficiency and atrophy of the muscles.
- As to the lack of vitamin B1 causes the disease Korsakoff’s syndrome which is a disorder in memory the most common.
- May cause deficiency of these vitamins to confusion on the side of my mouth, and some problems of forgetfulness andlack of focus.
- Does not store vitamin B2 in the body and in the case of cash may occur burns and wounds on the tongue, lips and cheeks.
To compensate for the decrease in vitamin B2, some doctors prescribe supplements containing this vitamin for the treatment of many diseases, including muscle spasm and migraines this vitamin effective in the treatment of these diseases.
Deficiency of vitamin B3 or (niacin):
Vitamin B3 (niacin) helps convert food into energy, also it helps digestion andregulate the appetite and promote the functioning of the digestive system, nerves and skin.
As this vitamin is necessary to form and repair tissues, cells, muscles new as well as for the synthesis of genetic material, in addition, niacin B3 lowers the level of fat in blood and improves memory and thinking.
Food sources of vitamin B3
There is in poultry, fish, liver, red meat, and whole grains and peanuts.
Complications deficiency of vitamin B3
Can lead to deficiency of this vitamin into the digestive problems such as diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, as it can cause severe deficiency in this vitamin to the mental confusion and fear.
The lack of this vitamin the doses provided in the diet daily lead to a lack of control of the cholesterol,
Lack of vitamin B5 or (pantothenate):
- Is vitamin very important for healthy skin, promotes wound healing and prevents the consumption of foods that contain vitamin B5 to make skin look smooth and free of acne.
- This is a vitamin necessary for proper metabolism of proteins and state-of ocreotide.
- The lack of this vitamin from the body causes the appearance of acne and hair loss asthma and allergies.
- Vitamin B5 is important for the metabolism of smooth carbohydrates, fats and protein, we need pantothenic acid to heal wounds and improve the immune system health.
- Causes deficiency of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) general symptoms such as fatigue, poor concentration disorders, sleep complaints in the gastrointestinal tract anda weakened immune system and difficulty healing wounds.
- Foods that contain vitamin B5 are eggs, nuts, legumes, corn, peas , avocado and cauliflower.
Deficiency of vitamin B6 (or pyridoxine):
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) helps the body convert food into energy and helps the body to fight infections and is important for the metabolism of protein and formation of amino acids which is essential for the health of the nervous system and the proper hormones.
It is necessary in the case of a diet rich in protein (for athletes who do weight lifting or as part of a diet holds them), as well as during pregnancy and intake of contraceptive pills be the need for this vitamin is higher.
The intake of this vitamin during pregnancy and lactation helps the child’s brain to grow normally.
It is food sources of vitamin B6
Peas and berries and whole grains and beef meat, chopped chicken breast, melons, potatoes and spinach.
Complications deficiency of vitamin B6
Can lead to lack sufficient quantities of this vitamin in the diet of individuals to anemia, skin disorders like pimples and displacement on both sides of the mouth.
It can also lead to depression, confusion, and intestinal disorders such as nausea, diarrhea, and increased risk of infection of the skin and (skin allergy) and inflammation of the mucous membranes anddisorders of the sleep , which are side effects of other transfer of this vitamin.
Lack of vitamin B7 (or biotin):
A very important and necessary especially for the health of skin, hair and nails.
We need this vitamin all metabolic processes, especially skin and hair health and nails steel with a diet of fresh and balanced can cover the shortage of biotin is easily.
Complications deficiency of vitamin B7
In the absence of biotin, the skin becomes rough West and thefall of the hairand check the nails in addition disorders occur in mucous membranes in the digestive tract causing nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
It also causes deficiency of this vitamin muscle pain and numbness bad mood and depression.
Food sources of vitamin B7
Present in rice, mushrooms, carrots, meat, milk, fish, egg yolks, broccoli, onions and almonds.
Deficiency of vitamin B9 or folic acid:
Vitamin B9 (folic acid) in increasing red blood cells and a strong influence on the improvement of the digestive functions, and is generally for pregnant women to prevent birth defects of the fetus.
Food sources of vitamin B9
No meat, whole grains , beets,asparagus, fruits, citrus, fish, fortified cereals and green leafy vegetables, legumes and liver.
Complications deficiency of vitamin B9
Can lead to deficiency of this vitamin to anemia and diarrhea.
The lack of this vitamin can also increase the likelihood of congenital defects of the fetus, and in the case of a deficiency in this vitamin, the fetus may suffer from neural tube defects so it is recommended by many doctors for pregnant women to avoid such problems is to take folic acid or dietary supplements of this vitamin in the first three months of pregnancy.
The pallor of the face, rapid fatigue and increased irritability, lack of focus, bad mood to lack of vitamin B9.
Deficiency of vitamin B12 (or cobalamin):
Is vitamin is very important to consider as it protects the health of the nervous system and helps produce red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 of new cells to improve the functioning of nerves, we need vitamin B12 for the synthesis of genetic material and regeneration of cells.
In addition, you cannot activate folic acid unless vitamin B12.
Complications of vitamin B12 deficiency
Vitamin B12 deficiency non-specific terms usually manifests with fatigue and exhaustion rapid and lack of focus.
As shortages lead to a shortage of red blood cells which in turn lead to anemia and increase the tendency to bleeding which is due to the presence of very few platelets.
Foods that contain vitamin B12 are shrimp, liver, beef, fish, milk and eggs.
Complications deficiency of vitamin (B) on the hair:
One of the vitamins that make hair all are Group B vitamins:
- The lack of any of these vitamins can cause problems for your body especially to your hair for example a lack of thiamine B1, riboflavin B2, niacin B3, allantoin B5 to help hair and can cause vitamin B deficiency shrinkage of the hair with the passage of time and if you haven’t got your body you will allow your hair thinner and loses the beauty of luster and become brittle and flaking are prolific.
- Help these vitamins to promote hair growth and stops hair loss because they nourish the hair follicles and prevent hair loss.
- Vitamin B3 in the blood flow better to the roots of the hair and improve blood circulation to the hair roots.
- Also, vitamin B5 helps in stimulating the growth of new hair to replace the hair lost.
- And do not shorten the benefits of this Vitamin on hair beauty just because it is important for all skin and nails.
What can we do to compensate for the lack of vitamin (B) and for the Prevention of deficiency of this vitamin?
It all depends on your diet:
- If a lack of vitamin (B) you’ll have to eat supplements drugs food that are spread commonly in the markets.
- See a nutritional consultant for a description of the necessary supplements for your body.
- May need to do tests before using the supplement to determine what your body needs, it may be because of lack of minerals or a multivitamin.
- If you find that your body needs to one of the vitamins of the vitamin B group and you’re a fan of meat and vegetable foods complete your meal also with fish and liver because this is the food the two rich in vitamin B.
- If you are a vegetarian, don’t worry, this vitamin is present in a variety of whole grain cereals , bananas, potatoes, chili pepper and other foods that you can enter into your meals and avoid cash.
- Most people do not need supplements of vitamin B group to maintain their health where they can provide many different foods, fruits and vegetables what they need of this vitamin.
- But in the case of need the body supplements of vitamin B must be prescribed by your doctor so that the description of the supplement only if the person has not been able to obtain the vitamins that it needs for various reasons through the consumption of different foods because there is a risk of poisoning due to excessive consumption of vitamin B.