Puberty is the period of life, pass by when it becomes male or Female Mature sexually, a process that usually occurs between the ages of 10 and 14 years for girls and 12 and 16 years for girls, and occurs by physical changes, and affects males and females differently, so we’ll talk in this article about the examination of the male sex hormone and when it is resorted to and how they interpret its results.
Signs of puberty
- The first sign of puberty, breast growth.
- Then hair grows in the pubic area and armpits.
- Usually what happens is life, as the last.
In the male:
- Start of puberty is usually growth of the testicles and the penis.
- Then hair grows in the pubic area and armpits.
- Then grow the muscles and increase the tone of voice and develops facial hair with the continuity of puberty. And all of them may develop acne, usually have a rapid increase in length and lasts around 2 or 3 years, which makes them closer to the length of the adults.
Depends of the sex hormones the major male. During puberty, leading of testosterone or the male hormone to growth of body hair and the muscles and increasing the tone of voice, as in adult men, is your libido, maintains muscle mass, helps in the manufacture of sperm. The presence of the hormone in women too, but in much smaller quantities.
Examination of the male sex hormone
This test measures the levels of testosterone in the blood, as most of the testosterone in the blood linked to proteins, as testosterone that is not associated with protein is called free testosterone.
There are two main types of tests and the male hormone:
- Total testosterone, which measures all of testosterone is associated and.
- Free testosterone, which measures free testosterone, which could provide more information about some medical conditions.
Can cause testosterone levels of various either low or high health problems in both men and women.
Why ask to check the male sex hormone
Ask to check the male hormone to diagnose many cases, such as:
- Low sex drive in men and women.
- Infertility in men and women.
- Erectile dysfunction in men.
- Tumors of the testicles in men.
- Puberty early or late males.
- The growth of excess body hair and masculine features in females.
- Irregular menstruation in females.
Grounds for examination of the male sex hormone
You may need this test if you have symptoms of hormone levels testosterone abnormal.
For adult men, it is asked often if there are symptoms of hormone levels low testosterone, while for women, it is asked often if there are symptoms of hormone levels of testosterone associated with the.
Include symptoms of low levels of testosterone in men, and the following:
- A low sex drive.
- Difficult to get an erection.
- The development of breast tissue.
- The fertility problems.
- Hair loss.
- Weakening of the bones.
- Loss of muscle mass.
- Puberty is delayed in boys, while in adulthood the early indication of high levels.
Include the symptoms of high testosterone levels in women, the following:
- Increased growth of body hair and face.
- The roughness of the sound.
- Disorders life.
- Increasing the weight.
- The examination is conducted by withdrawing a blood sample from a vein, and does not require any the needs of the prior and there is no risk of extension during the vote.
- May benefit men who are diagnosed with low levels of the male hormone testosterone when the doctor prescribing them support by testosterone, but not recommended to take for men who have normal levels of the hormone, there is no evidence it provides any benefits, and in fact may be harmful to a healthy man.
How to interpret the results of the testosterone test.
It’s different depending on whether you are a man or a woman or a boy.
- High levels of hormones mean a tumor in the testes or the adrenal glands (located above the kidneys and control the heart rate, blood pressure and other body functions).
- The low hormone levels, it means that the presence of genetic disease or chronic, or a problem in the pituitary gland (which is considered a small organ in the brain controls many functions, including growth and fertility).
- High levels of the hormone means having a condition called PCOS, a hormonal disorder commonly affects women in the reproductive age, and is considered one of the main causes of lick the women.
It may also mean ovarian cancer or cancer of the adrenal glands.
- The lower hormone levels are considered normal, but extremely low levels may indicate Addison’s disease Addison, a disorder of the pituitary gland.
- High levels of hormones mean a tumor in the testes or the adrenal glands.
- The low hormone levels, it means having some other problems in the testicles.
- Healthwise Staff (2018) Testosterone, Available at: https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/medicaltest/testosterone/hw27307.html#hw27336 (Accessed: 14 November 2019).
- University of Rochester Medical Center Rochester (2019) Total Testosterone, Available at: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=167&contentid=testosterone_total (Accessed: 14 November 2019).
- UF Health (2019) Testosterone, Available at: https://ufhealth.org/testosterone (Accessed: 14 November 2019).
- Bradley Anawalt (2015) Male Menopause, Available at: https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/pituitary-gland (Accessed: 14 November 2019).
- Michael Irwig, (2019) The Many Roles of Testosterone, Available at: https://www.empoweryourhealth.org/magazine/vol2_issue3/The-many-roles-of-testosterone (Accessed: 14 November 2019).