Do you know what diabetes is? Are the cases in which high levels of glucose or sugar in the blood significantly, and continued with us dear reader the following article to learn the types of this disease, its causes and symptoms that may come from them.
Diabetes is a situation that weakens the body’s ability to process blood glucose, or blood sugar, leading to high levels of sugar in blood highly. Preferably the body of the hormone insulin to help glucose reach the cells of your body transform it into energy necessary for you, and in the case of diabetes is not the secretion of a sufficient amount of insulin, and therefore accumulates glucose in the blood.
The passage of time can cause a lot of glucose in the blood to the injury problems and serious complications, such as heart disease and stroke, so it must control this case, commitment to service, advice and appropriate treatment for each type of diabetes and can even control blood sugar levels, and avoid the incidence of this health problems.
Types of diabetes
There are three main types of this disease, include:
Diabetes of the first type
This type occurs when the body fails in producing insulin, where the immune system attacks your body’s insulin producing cells by mistake, causing a buildup of sugar in the blood. It can occur at any age, although it occurs most often during childhood or adolescence.
Read also: diabetes of the first type .. information of interest to you
Type II diabetes
Impact of this situation on the way you use your body to insulin, while the body still secretes insulin, but the cells in your body do not respond effectively, which is the most common type of diabetes. It is believed that the main reason for this type is to increase the weight, and it can happen at any age, but is more common in people over the age of 40 years.
Read Also: you can cure diabetes Type II at all?
Is the type that occurs in women during pregnancy, occurs when it becomes a woman’s body more resistant to insulin, and perhaps it happens because of hormones produced by the placenta to maintain the pregnancy, and this type occurs in all pregnant women.
Read also: types of diabetes and treatment and the difference between them.
The causes of diabetes
Doctors don’t know the exact causes of the occurrence of diabetes of the first type, while the reasons may be the incidence of Type II diabetes or what is known as insulin resistance is more pronounced, which may occur as a result of:
- Environmental factors or hereditary make a person’s body is unable to produce enough insulin, to address the amount of glucose with which it deals.
- Try the body produce extra insulin to address the glucose excess in the blood.
- The inability of the pancreas to keep up with the requirements of excess, which leads to the accumulation of excess sugar in the blood.
- I said the effectiveness of insulin over time to introduce the glucose to the cells of the body, which leads to high blood sugar levels.
Read Also: What are the methods of prevention of diabetes?
Symptoms of diabetes
Symptoms vary depending on the type of disease, the amount of high sugar in the blood, symptoms may include the following:
- Increased thirst and hunger.
- Fatigue and fatigue.
- Frequent urination.
- Weight loss is not justified.
- Irritable of the symptoms of diabetes.
- Slow healing of wounds.
- The increased incidence of infections, like skin infections or infections of the vagina.
- Vision problems or blurred vision.
- The presence of ketones in the urine, which appear as a result of the lack of enough insulin in the body.
Read also: treat diabetes in the home in simple ways.
Complications of diabetes
You should resort to consult a doctor immediately when the symptoms of diabetes, so a doctor can determine the appropriate treatment plan for your condition, to avoid complications of diabetes serious health, which may include some of the following:
- Cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Diabetic neuropathy.
- Diabetic nephropathy, or kidney damage.
- Diseases of the eye, such as retinopathy, which may lead to blindness.
- Skin diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Hearing impairment.
- Depression, and other cases.
Read also: the benefits of hibiscus for the .. how to protect from the complications of diabetes?
In the end, dear reader, that you know the types, causes and symptoms of diabetes, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.