With the advent of the month of Ramadan, it becomes a fasting of most of the challenges facing diabetes patients, where justified here an important question is what can be done to avoid complications during the fasting period.
We will in this article What are dietary modifications that can be made to avoid the occurrence of these complications.
Of the most important steps that you can resort to to avoid complications of diabetes during fasting period is to teach the patient and provide him with the information necessary to complete the drafting of simple is safe, and this information should be on a diabetic patient is:
- The dangers of fasting which can occur, and how they can be avoided.
- The importance of drinking the amount of fluids adequately.
- How to configure a healthy, balanced diet.
- When it becomes fasting is dangerous for you, and when to be forced to breakfast.
- Medications and what doses to be adjusted during the month of Ramadan.
- What are sports activities that can be practiced to reduce the risk of fasting.
- Examination of the sugar you have every day for several times a day.
Dietary modifications during the month of Ramadan
Considered an amendment to the diet have a patient of diabetes of the most important factors that reduce the possibility of complications, so there are some tips that help us prepare a good diet, and these tips:
- Avoid eating foods rich in saturated fat, sugars and starches.
- The adoption of a balanced diet that includes carbohydrates, proteins, fats as well fiber, for more on how to prepare balanced diet from here.
- You should divide the breakfast to 45% from carbohydrates, 20% proteins in addition to 35% from fat.
- When the ears of Morocco is recommended to break the fasting bit and then go pray and then return for a meal moderate.
How to prepare a plan of balanced diet during Ramadan
As indicated above, to prepare a nutritional plan balanced think of the most important factors that help diabetic patients to complete fasting the month of Ramadan without hassles, complications, and things that must be considered when creating a nutritional plan are the following:
- The adoption of the three meals during the day to include breakfast and Suhoor and a light between them.
- Meals should be food the three balanced so that they contain 45% of the meal on carbohydrates, 20% protein and 35% of the meal on fat.
- Avoid eating foods or sweets that contain large amounts of sugars.
- Meals that are full in fiber and carbohydrates with a glycemic low are preferred.
- Drink water quantity is abundant and the middle of the beginning of the period of breakfast, and even the ears of Dawn.
- Delay eating suhoor as much as possible.
- Must have Suhoor on the ample amount of proteins, fats and even give you feeling of satiety for as long as possible.
- You must break your fast in the beginning bit of the water so as not to be vulnerable to a sharp rise in your sugar level.
- Add snacks between breakfast and preferably consist of these meals of fruits and nuts.
What are the bad eating habits for diabetics that should be avoided during Ramadan
There are many bad eating habits which lead to increased chances of complications during the month of Ramadan, also lead to an increase in weight and it is these habits that must be left by:
- Make a big change in the style of the time sports people.
- Eating large amounts of carbohydrate during the time of suhoor.
- Eating fried.
- Eating suhoor early.
- Quickly eat especially at breakfast.
- Eating large meals as those that contain more than 1500 km Clou buyer.
- Eating large amounts of sugars and sweets.
- A lot of eating between breakfast and Suhoor.
Weight gain during Ramadan
Many people suffer from a tremendous increase in weight during this holy month of Ramadan although Ramadan is considered the perfect opportunity to try to ease the weight and improve the weight as well as it is considered an opportunity to adjust sugar levels in blood and further, and try to avoid the complications of cardiovascular disease, particularly when elderly, for more on heart complications in patients with diabetes continued for us here.
So it is very necessary to maintain weight and control the amount of calories that we eat during this month, in the next table we’ll see the appropriate quantity us of the calorie distribution of diets:
|The amount of calories required to maintain weight|
|Men||1800 to 2200 kg chloric/day|
|Women taller than 150 cm||1500-2000 km chloric/day|
|Women shorter than 150 cm||1500 km chloric/day|
|Distribution chlorine on meals|
|Suhoor||30-40% of the total value of color|
|Breakfast||40-50% of the total value of color|
|Snacks (one or two)||10-20% of the value of chlorine the dog|
After adjusting our diet we need to now look at how to modify the dosages, making it more appropriate with the period of fasting, so we followed our article about how to manage diabetes patients with diabetes of the first type during the month of Ramadan from here.