If you, dear reader, deals with supplementation of vitamin D and want to see the damage to the vitamin D continue with us to this decision to recognize the damage was vitamin D for health.
The benefits of vitamin D for health
The body manufactures vitamin D when exposed to the sun, since the sun stimulates certain chemicals under the skin to manufacture vitamin.
Absorbed your vitamin D for many important functions, andperhaps the most vital are regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and facilitate the function of the immune system natural. Get sufficient amount of vitamin (D) is important for normal growth and development of bones and teeth, as well as improve the body’s resistance against certain diseases.
If your body doesn’t get enough vitamin D, you’re at risk of cramps in the bones like osteoporosis, we’ll show you dear reader three more benefits of vitamin D surprising as follows:
- Vitamin D fights disease: in addition to the benefits of the basic it reduces the risk of injury with (multiple sclerosis, heart disease, help to reduce the chances easy to get the flu).
- Vitamin D reduces depression: research has shown that vitamin D may play an important role in the regulation of mood and rid of depression, pin one study scientists found that people with depression who took supplements of vitamin D noticed an improvement in their symptoms.
- Vitamin D stimulates the weight loss: you can add supplements of vitamin D to your diet if you are trying to lose weight or prevent heart disease.
Read also: vitamin D obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Damage vitamin D
Helps vitamin D in the absorption of calcium, improve the body immunity, protect your bones and muscles, maintain a healthy heart, and produced by the body naturally when exposed to your sunlight.
In spite of its benefits on only the intake of extremely high doses of vitamin D3 for long periods may lead to excessive accumulation in the body causing poisoning.
Raise calcium levels in the blood
Helps vitamin D to absorb calcium the body, but despite the fact that the intake of large doses of it may cause high calcium in blood, and its symptoms are the following:
- Problems to digestion.
- Vomiting, nausea and stomach pain.
- Fatigue, dizziness and confusion.
- Extreme thirst.
- Frequent urination.
Although many of the symptoms of excessive intake of vitamin D cause high calcium levels in the blood, however, some researchers suggest that large doses may lead to low levels of vitamin K2 in the blood which leads to osteoporosis.
Some of the symptoms of poisoning in vitamin D general the following:
- Impaired ability to speak.
- And other symptoms.
Read also: benefits of vitamin D for children.
Warnings to avoid damage vitamin D
Follow us dear reader, the warnings below to avoid damage associated with vitamin D are as follows:
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to any vitamin products d (e.g., calcitriol) or if you have any allergies other.
- Before using supplements of vitamin D you should tell your doctor or pharmacist medical history, especially if the person suffers from an overabundance of calcium levels in blood, or malabsorption syndrome, or liver or kidney diseases.
- During pregnancy your doctor may prescribe doses of vitamin D and only when needed, and that this drug passes through breast milk has your doctor prescribes other alternatives to normal so as not to affect the health of the fetus.
Know the recommended amount of vitamin D as follows:
- Children and young people: 600 international units.
- Adults up to age 70: 600 international units.
- Adults over age 70: 800 IU.
- Pregnant or lactating women: 600 IU.
At the end of our article about the damage to the vitamin D we hope dear reader that we have answered to your question, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.