If your child suffers from a deficiency in vitamin D, Learn with us dear readers in this article on the damage vitamin D for kids what are the doses permitted so as not to harm his health.
The benefits of vitamin D to the body
Vitamin D (energocapital – D2, choline calipers – D3, alphacalcidol) is a fat-soluble vitamin helps the body absorb calcium and phosphorus, required for bone growth naturally strong and uses Vitamin D for treatment and Prevention of bone disorders (such asrickets, and osteoporosis).
- Be the body’s vitamin D when skin is exposed to sunlight, but may decrease sunscreens or skin color or age of the amount of radiation hyphen to the body and thus affect the production of vitamin D.
- Have used supplementation of vitamin D with calcium to treat or prevent osteoporosis, the vitamin D is used also with certain other medicines to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such asthyroid parathyroid process, insufficiency of parathyroid glands false).
- Fights diseases: research indicates that vitamin D may help reduce the risk of injury with (multiple sclerosis, aDiseases of the heart, and influenza).
- Reduces depression: some studies have shown the ability of vitamin D to regulate mood and get rid of depression.
- Helps in reducing weight: some studies have shown that people taking supplements of vitamin D were able to lose weight significantly.
Read also: benefits of vitamin D and its sources.
Damage vitamin D for kids
Intake of vitamin D doses natural usually does not have any side effects, but if you have any unusual effects, we need to contact doctor or immediately.
Eating high amounts of vitamin D can cause raise levels of calcium the body, tell your doctor immediately in case of any signs of high levels of vitamin (D) / calcium as follows:
- Nausea or vomiting.
- The loss of appetite.
- Increased thirst.
- Increased urination.
- Change of mind or mood.
- Extreme fatigue.
Allergic reaction may occur supplementation of vitamin D which is serious but rare, exemplified by the following:
- Itching or swelling (especially in face or tongue or throat).
- Severe dizziness.
- Difficulty in breathing.
Note the need to go to the doctor immediately if she chose any of the previous symptoms on your child, you should not use any type of supplements before consulting the doctor so as not to harm your baby and his health.
The recommended doses of vitamin D to avoid any side effects as follows:
- Children and young people: 600 IU
- Adults up to age 70: 600 IU
- Adults over age 70: 800 IU
- Pregnant or lactating women: 600 IU
Read also: the most dangerous symptoms of vitamin D deficiency.
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
After you know the damage vitamin D for children you know with us on the deficiency symptoms by the body and damage resulting therefrom, can be that some factors affect the ability of the body in the composition appropriate quantities of vitamin D such as the following:
- The use of sunscreens.
- Spend a lot of time inside the House.
- Live in the big cities where the blocking of the buildings the rays of the sun.
- Skin dark (higher levels of melanin the less the vitamin that the skin can absorb it).
Include the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency in adults include the following:
- Fatigue and pains and a general feeling of discomfort.
- Severe pain in the bones or muscles or weakness may cause difficulty in performing everyday tasks.
- Fractures, especially in the legs, pelvis and hips.
Doctors can diagnose vitamin D deficiency by conducting a simple blood test, have your doctor do an X-ray to check bone strength.
At the end of our article about the damage to the vitamin D for children that we can, dear reader, that we have answered your questions, if you have any queries or further questions do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.