Of course I’ve heard of vitamin C or C and heard about the lack of it, but have you heard about the damage to increase vitamin C before? Dear reader, continued with us this article will answer your questions regarding vitamin C.
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for the human body, it’s an antioxidant, helps in a range of important processes, including lower blood pressure, resist inflammation, and stimulate collagen, the intake of foods that contain vitamin C frequently should not lead to any health problems, but eating a lot of vitamin supplements (C) can cause side effects.
Read also: are there foods are responsible for lowering blood pressure?
- In adults, 90 milligrams (mg) for males and 75 mg for females.
- 400 mg for infants aged 1-3 years
- 650 mg for children aged 4-8 years.
- 1200 mg for children aged 9-13 years.
- 1800 mg for teenagers between the ages of 14-18 years.
- 1800 mg teen pregnant or lactating women aged 14-18 years.
- Adults who ingest more than 2000 mg of vitamin C daily may suffer from side effects.
Damage to increase vitamin C moderate
Include damages which may result from a moderate increase in vitamin C:
- Spasm of the stomach.
- Pain in the abdomen.
Read Also: What are the symptoms of lack of vitamin C?
Damage to increase vitamin C acute
Include potential health risks to eat a lot of vitamin supplements C:
Damage to increase vitamin C on the kidney
- Doctors believe that a lot of vitamin supplements C can lead to the secretion of a person for coal anduric acid in the urine, these compounds can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
- There is a study that reported a woman who suffered from kidney stones in the kidney after ingestion of 4 g or more of vitamin C daily for 4 months.
- However, researchers are of any larger scale studies on vitamin intake (C) and the formation of kidney stones, they know that people who have a history of kidney stones are more likely to form stones if they take large amounts of vitamin C.
- Excessive intake of vitamin (C) can affect the balance of other elements, for example, may reduce the vitamin C levels of vitamin B12 and copper in the body.
- The presence of vitamin C can enhance the absorption of iron in the body, which may lead to high levels of iron excessively.
Protrusion of the bone
- According to the Arthritis one study found that the presence of very high levels of vitamin C in the body increases the likelihood of injury to the person my daughter patent bone painful.
- With that, the consulting institution also research study found that people who have low levels of vitamin C have a higher risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- These findings underscore the need for vitamin C supplements at appropriate dosages, which may cause increased or decreased its damage to the bones and joints.
Read also: sources provide you of vitamin C without the need of extreme supplements.
Reduce the efficiency of niacin and simvastatin
- Evidence suggests that taking vitamin supplements (C) might impair the body’s ability to increase cholesterol, high density lipoprotein (HDL) in people taking the combination drug (niacin and simvastatin).
- Doctors believe that HDL cholesterol (HDL) is “good” cholesterol because it reduces the proportion of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- If eating a person’s vitamin supplements (C) and(niacin simvastatin), you should speak with a doctor about ways to make the property supplements more effective.
Read also: what is the importance of checking cholesterol in the blood?
In the end, dear reader, that you know the damage increase vitamin C should be careful when taking supplements and be under the supervision of a doctor, and if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.