The Cigarette Smoking harms every organ of the body, causes many diseases and reduces the health of smokers in general, and through this article you will learn on the harms of smoking, health to the consequences that will happen if you neglected the idea of quitting smoking.
Damage smoking health
If smoking damages health many the elderly are more susceptible to heart disease, stroke, lung cancer, and smoke a remarkable effect in increasing the risk indicators of many diseases, for example:
- For coronary heart disease by 2 to 4 times
- For stroke by 2 to 4 times
- Of men who contract lung cancer by 25 times
- Of women with lung cancer by 25.7 times
As smoking can cause reduced public health, increased absenteeism, increased health care use and cost on the person and the state.
Smoking and cardiovascular diseases
Know the dangers of smoking to health on the heart you must know that smokers are more susceptible to diseases affecting the heart and blood vessels. Smoking causes stroke and coronary heart disease, which are among the main causes of death in many countries.
Even people who smoke less than five cigarettes a day can have early signs indicate that the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Hands of smoking the blood vessels and can make them less flexible, this makes your heart beat faster and increases your blood pressure and can form the skin also.
Smoking and respiratory diseases
The damages of smoking to health also include the respiratory system, smoking can cause lung disease by damaging the airway and alveoli the small present in your lungs.
Include lung diseases caused by smoking:
- Disease chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which includes emphysema andbronchitis chronic causes cigarette smoking.
- Most cases of lung cancer.
- If you have asthma, it may cause tobacco smoke to an attack or to lead to a worse.
- Smokers are likely to die of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 12 to 13 times more than non-smokers.
Smoking and cancer
The damages of smoking to health not related to cancer, smoking can cause cancer almost anywhere in the body, examples of cancers that affect the debtor:
- Bladder cancer
- Blood cancer (acute myeloid leukemia)
- Cervical cancer
- Cancer of the colon and rectum (colorectal)
- Esophageal cancer
- Cancer of the kidney and ureter
- Cancer of the larynx
- Liver cancer
- Cancer of the oropharynx (includes parts of the throat, tongue, soft palate and tonsils)
- Cancer of the pancreas
- Stomach cancer
- Cancer of the trachea, lung,
And increases the smoking are also risk of death due to cancer and other diseases cancer patients and survivors.
The harms of smoking, other health
- Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body and affects the general health of the person, it might be difficult for women to become pregnant and can also affect the health of her baby before and after birth.
- Smoking increases the risk of premature birth or the death of a child before birth and low weight at birth (infant death syndrome sudden).
- Smoking can also affect sperm for men, which can reduce fertility as well as increase the risk of birth defects and abortion.
- Smoking can affect the health of the bones in women past the age of childbearing and who have bones weaker than the women who did not smoke, they are also at greater risk for broken bones.
- Smoking affects the health of your teeth and gums and may cause tooth loss.
- Can smoking increase the risk of injury into the lens of the eye (obstruction of the lens of the eye that make it hard for him to see her).
- Smoking is the cause of Type II diabetes and can make control more difficult, and the risk of diabetes is higher by 30-40% smokers active than non-smokers.
- Smoking causes adverse effects generally on the body, including inflammation and low immune function.
- As smoking is the cause of rheumatoid arthritis.
Read Also: How does pregnancy affect pregnant women and her baby.
After knowing the damage smoking health you can now that you realize how important your decision to quit smoking and that you don’t have to know yourself and those around you at risk, try to your health and the health of your loved ones, and if you have a query you can consult one of our doctors here.