If you haven’t your health enough like Stop Smoking, you should put your baby’s health in mind, so we’ll talk in this article about the damage of smoking on the situation where the affect of smoking during pregnancy on the health of your child before, during, and after birth, and free the reader continued with us to this decision.
Damage of smoking on the bus as a result of passive smoking
- Secondhand smoke is a combination of cigarette smoke the burning, the smoke which dealt with the debtor.
- Has smoke that has at the end of the cigarette to the harmful substances (tar, carbon monoxide, nicotine and others) than the smoke inhaled by smokers.
- If you are exposed regularly to secondhand smoke during pregnancy, there will be the possibility that a child is born dead, or the low weight of the baby at birth, or increase the likelihood of fetal abnormalities.
- Infants and children to secondhand smoke may develop also asthma andallergic chest , lung infections, ear infections, and are more at risk of injury syndrome, infant death sudden death (SIDS).
Read also: what is the normal weight of the fetus at birth?
How can you quit smoking before or during pregnancy?
The following are some tips that may help in getting rid of this habit:
- Hide all the mats use it during the smoking of the spark plug, etc., clean the house and aerate it, to get rid of cigarette smoke harmful.
- Ask people who smoke not to smoke around you.
- Drink fewer beverages that contain caffeine, as it may stimulate the desire to smoke.
- Change your habits associated with smoking, if you smoke while driving, or when you feel nervous, try doing other activities to replace smoking.
- Keep a mint or chewing gum (preferably sugar-free).
- Being active to take your mind off smoking and walking, or exercise, or read a book, or try a new hobby.
- Look for support from others, join a support group or a quit-smoking program.
- Don’t go to places where there are designated smoking areas in restaurants.
Read Also: Are you eating the mother’s caffeine affect the baby?
You can use nicotine replacement during pregnancy?
The uniqueness of nicotine gum, the nicotine in the blood stream of the smoker who tries to quit smoking, although these products can reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings in smokers who are trying to quit smoking, but that the safety of these products have not been evaluated adequately in pregnant women.
Read Also: 7 tips rid of nicotine gum.
Damage of smoking on the bus
Carry nicotine (the substance that causes addiction in cigarette) andcarbon monoxide and many other toxins that are inhaled from the cigarette through the blood stream and go directly to the child, and lead to:
- Reduce the amount of oxygen needed for fetal growth.
- Increased heart rate of the child.
- Increase the chances of miscarriage.
- Increased risk to the baby is born prematurely, or born low birth weight.
- The risk of injury to a child with respiratory problems.
- Increases the risk of birth defects, or fetal abnormalities.
- Increases the risk of Infant Death Syndrome sudden.
The greater the number of cigarettes you smoke, mother’s day, increased the risk of injury to a child seriously ill in the future, there is no level of “safe” smoking during pregnancy.
Also read: 8 symptoms of heart disease in children.
- Irritation and feeling very hungry.
- The difficulty in concentration.
Withdrawal symptoms are only temporary and will recover within 10-14 days.
Read Also: 10 ways to help you quit smoking.
In the end, after knowing that the damage of smoking on the need not to harm the mother but harm the unborn child also, it’s time to quit smoking, and try and use, if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.