Obesity is a condition where the person of the amount of harmful body fat or the distribution of unhealthy body fat, and obesity increase the risk of health complications, especially the risk of heart disease, so in this article, we will explore the damage of obesity on the heart and how we can get rid of obesity to protect ourselves and our health.
What is heart disease?
Heart disease is a term used to describe the many problems that may affect your heart, one of the most common types of when you become the blood vessels that carry blood to the heart stiff and narrow, can this heart from getting all the blood it needs, there are other problems that might affect the extent to which pump blood to; if you suffer from heart disease may suffer a heart attack or heart failure or death and sudden heart or angina (chest pain) or rhythm of the heartbeat is not normal.
Also read: know more information about heart disease.
How obesity affects the health in general?
Excess weight may increase the risk of many health problems, including:
- The second type of diabetes.
- The high blood pressure.
- Heart disease andstrokes.
- Certain types of cancer.
- Stop breathing during sleep.
- Diseases of the spine.
- Kidney disease.
- Pregnancy problems, such as high blood sugar during pregnancy, high blood pressure, increased risk of cesarean section.
Damage of obesity on the heart
People who suffer from overweight or obesity suffer from health problems may increase the risk of heart disease, this health problems include high blood pressure andhigh cholesterol and high blood sugar, in addition, may cause weight gain changes in blood pumping in your heart making it work harder to send blood to all the cells of the body.
How to avoid the damage of obesity on the heart
The loss of 5 per cent of your body weight can reduce the risk of many health conditions, including heart disease andType II diabetes.
Try to go on a diet, exercises, sports, as this can help you to lose weight slowly with the passage of time, there is no need to make drastic changes to your lifestyle, but you ought to make your lifestyle healthy and consistent implementation of good health.
- Exercise sports activity for at least 150 minutes per week, this can include brisk walking just 30 minutes a day, will help you achieve the goal.
- Try increasing the workout after that to 300 minutes per week.
- Try to include activities that strengthen muscles like push-ups in your routine at least twice a week.
- Fill half your dish with vegetables.
- Replace unrefined grains, such as white bread, pasta and rice with whole like whole wheat bread, brown rice, and oatmeal.
- Eating protein sources lean, such as chicken, seafood, beans and soy.
- Avoid fried foods, fast food, and sugary snacks.
- Avoid sugary drinks, such as carbonated drinks, and juice.
- Quit alcohol permanently.
Ask your doctor if your condition and need for surgery for weight loss such as sleeve gastrectomy or possible to advise you with medicines, where can help you these treatments to lose your weight more quickly, but they still require a commitment to change lifestyle and follow a healthy lifestyle.
Read also: what is health system rid of obesity?
In the end, dear reader, that you know the damage of obesity on the heart and how you can get rid of obesity to maintain your health, if you have any queries, you can consult one of our doctors here.