What is the treatment of cough for babies? The annoying feeling when the baby is sick and you can’t mother to help him, especially when the incidence of tuberculosis, although cold, are common in babies but many mothers worry due to the intensity of the cough, so in this article we’ll show you some types of coughing and how to cure them with medicines and home remedies.
Cough treatment for infants
There are types of cough affecting infants for each particular treatment so in the following we will identify the types of cough that affect infants and how to treat them:
Whooping cough is a bacterial infection that may infect the infant and cause frequent coughing loudly its symptoms include the following:
- Spasms frequent and troublesome cough
- Take out the tongue outside the mouth
- Bulging eyes
- Discoloration of the face
The treatment of whooping cough
In the case of injury free with whooping cough, you must enter the infant to the hospital so he can receive oxygen during coughing fits, and should be vaccinated him with antibiotics such as erythromycin for the treatment of this disease and intelligent under medical supervision.
Read also: the benefits of anise to infants
Pneumonia is a viral or bacterial infection in the lungs can produce because of a lot of cases, including colds, in this case accompanied by cough, phlegm and its symptoms include the following:
- Extreme exhaustion
- A wet cough where you produce phlegm yellow or green
Treat cough and pneumonia
Treatment depends on whether the cause is viral or bacterial, so the doctor determines the treatment especially if the child has a fever.
Read also: what is respiratory distress syndrome in newborns
Doctors agree in general that the Lord is not common in children under the age of two years, unless the child suffers from bouts of eczema, or if there is a family history of asthma or allergies, until there is an accurate diagnosis of asthma, can cause asthma tightness in the airway of the child leading to wheezing during breathing.
How to help the injured child away from the Lord
Whatever the condition of the child it is always best to contact your doctor when you hear the whistling alarm when an infant, where he often uses doctors and asthma medicine for the treatment of bouts of wheezing, the doctor may prescribe all forms of Alero to open the airways, if the asthma attacks are very severe, you are given the Alero by a nebulizer device particularly sometimes used with a face mask for infants until the child can inhaled medication more easily.
Read also: bronchial asthma in children causes infection
Treatment of cough in infants treatments home
Can’t treat a cough in infants treatments home, except in the case that the infant may be planning a year, so you can’t give the baby at least a year home remedies, home remedies include the following:
- If the child reaches the age of one year at least, you can give him honey, you can also mix honey with warm water or herbs like fennel or anise.
- For a child who has attained two years or more you can experience the prescription treatment of cough following boil 1 love of pears chopped with 4 almonds and 1 teaspoon of raw honey with water for 10 minutes, then remove the peel the almonds and mash all the ingredients and give it to the child.
- Generally for colds and upper respiratory infections make sure your child gets plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids, because the fluids help get rid of the accumulated mucus on the chest and his ways, you can also give your child a spray nose saline or drops to loosen secretions and relieve the entry of mucus into the throat.
Read also: at any age the child starts eating.
And that you know with us on the treatment of cough for babies and different home remedies, we recommend you dear readers to consult a doctor before using any home treatments for the child, where the doctor will take you the most appropriate treatment for his condition, and in the end we wish you and your baby continued health and wellness.