Anemia occurs as a result of the lack of certain vitamins from the body, causing a deficiency in red blood cells healthy, and vitamins deficiency may result in the body to anemia, folate and vitamin B 12, vitamin C, Follow us, dear reader, for more on the causes of deficiency anemia vitamin B12 and what is, and what are its symptoms and methods of treatment
What is anemia?
Defines anemia as a decrease in the number of red blood cells or deficiency of hemoglobin, and it is known that when conducting analysis of blood, where red blood cells transfer oxygen to all parts of the body.
If you suffer from anemia, you may not get tissues or organs to a sufficient amount of oxygen, which causes you to feel tired or pain.
Causes of anemia deficiency of vitamin B12
Can happen to anemia resulting from vitamin B12 deficiency for several reasons, including:
- I said eating foods rich in vitamin B12 such as meat, eggs and milk.
- There is a substance called working procedure, and update its shortage when attacking the immune system cells of the stomach, causing a type of anemia, called pernicious anemia.
- Of the causes of anemia is lack of absorption of vitamin B 12, as a result of lack of protein, is the basic material that transport vitamin B12 across the small intestine to absorb it in the bloodstream, moving it may lead to a lack of the body’s absorption of vitamin
- People who suffer from autoimmune disorders associated with the endocrine disrupting, such as diabetes or thyroid disease, causing an increased risk of pernicious anemia.
Read Also: What are the benefits of vitamin B of all types
Can occur deficiency anemia vitamin B12 also if you can the small intestine absorb vitamin B-12 for other reasons, including:
- Surgery by the stomach or small intestine, such as surgery of the gastrointestinal tract.
- In the case of the growth of bacteria is abnormal in the small intestine.
- In the case of diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, such as Crohn’s disease or celiac disease, which affects the absorption of vitamin B12
- In the case of infection with a tapeworm as a result of eating contaminated food, consuming many of the nutrients in the body
Read also: does it cause vitamin B12 dangerous when you lack it?
Symptoms of anemia
After learning the causes of anemia deficiency of vitamin B12, you can recognize the symptoms of anemia through the following symptoms, usually over a vitamin deficiency slowly over several months and may take years, so the symptoms may be not apparent in the beginning, but it increases with time, include:
- Feeling of being unwell.
- Feeling short of breath.
- The sensation of dizziness.
- Pallor or yellowing of the skin.
- Weight loss.
- Problems in the nerves which cause the feeling numb or tingling in the hands and feet.
- Feeling weak in the muscles.
- Mental confusion or forgetfulness.
Read also: what is the normal range of vitamin B-12 is?
Methods of treatment of anemia
After learning the causes of deficiency anemia vitamin B12 there are several ways to treat it, including:
If you suffer from pernicious anemia or you are having problem in the absorption of vitamin B12, you will need an injection of this vitamin at the beginning, you may need to continue taking these injections or high doses of supplements for oral administration.
If you don’t eat animal products, you can eat cereal with vitamin B12 or an injection of B12, or a high dose of vitamin through the mouth if you suffer from a severe shortage.
Likely to address older people who suffer from deficiency of vitamin B12, supplementation multiple contain it.
Read also: what is the normal range for vitamin B12
In the end, after learning about what anemia is and the causes of anemia deficiency of vitamin B12 , the symptoms and how to treat it, consult with your doctor before you follow any diet or take drugs, and if you have further questions you can consult one of our doctors here