We often hear about the effects of peanuts on weight gain due to the ratio of oils and existing high, but it is not in dispute that contains food material necessary and useful for all, keep with us dear reader the following article to learn the number of calories in Peanuts and other nutrients, as well as to know its benefits and harms..
It is known that the Peanut is one of the types of nuts the most popular particularly Americans in the South American continent, but be advised that it is not considered nuts, but it actually is one of the types of legumes, such as beans and lentils.
It is rarely eaten in the United States of America, in it’s raw, but roasting or eating peanut butter, also available on other products containing peanuts, such as oil and flour.
Peanut is an excellent part of a healthy diet and balanced, so we will show you the number of calories in the peanut and what it contains of vitamins, minerals, protein and carbohydrates also.
Read also: the benefits of peanut butter.. a protein source vegetarian excellent.
Calories in peanut
Depending on the Food Information provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture USDA the number of calories in Peanuts in the amount approximately equal to the equivalent of 28 grams of about 166 calories.
Besides containing the same amount on other food items, which include approximately 14.1 grams of fat, 6.1 grams of carbohydrates, and 2.3 grams of fiber, 1.2 grams of sugar and 6.7 grams of proteins as well as 230 milligrams of sodium.
Nutritional value of peanuts
In addition to the calories in Peanuts, it also contains many minerals and vitamins very important for the human body, comprising:
- Biotin, where one of the most important sources of biotin is very important for human health.
- Calcium, where the Peanut is about 9% of metal calcium.
- Iron, by about 57% of them.
- Zinc, about 30%.
- Copper, includes peanuts to about 127% of copper, which may be the transfer amount in the body harmful effects on the health of the heart.
- Potassium, about 54% of the potassium.
- Manganese, about 84% is also available in the drinking water and most foods.
- Magnesium, about 42% of them, which is of important nutrients where it is believed that eating it in sufficient quantity helps to protect against heart disease.
- Phosphorus, which plays an important role in the growth of the tissues of the body, i.e. that, regardless of the number of calories in Peanut it helps the body to grow.
- Niacin, known as vitamin B3, is important for many body functions.
- Thiamine, known as vitamin B1, a vitamin that helps body cells convert carbohydrates into energy, which makes it necessary for the nervous system, muscles and heart.
- Vitamin E, found in large quantity in fatty foods, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Folate, known as vitamin B9 or folic acid, is present by 60% in Peanuts, and is very important for many body functions.
- Also contains selenium (13%), vitamin B5 by 35%.
The benefits of beans Soane
Despite the presence of calories in Peanuts and fat by not a few, but it does not help in weight gain as some people think.
Some studies have shown that eating peanuts helps to maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk of obesity, due to:
- Helps the feeling of fullness and satiety, so less consumption of foods.
- Considered a source of dietary fiber insoluble, therefore is associated with lower risk of overweight.
- You may pass a part of the peanut through the digestive system without absorbed, in the case not to chew it all well enough.
- Help proteins and monounsaturated fats gas saturated in peanut to increase the rate of burning calories.
Read also: peanut accursed.. does it help lose weight?
Protection from heart disease
Helps eating peanuts and other kinds of nuts to protect against heart disease, so contains many nutrients beneficial to the health of the heart as we mentioned, including niacin and magnesium.
Prevention of gallstones
Some studies suggest that consumption of peanut frequently may reduce the risk of infection in gallbladder stones in men and women, because most gallstones consist of cholesterol, may be the reason is the effect of peanuts on cholesterol-lowering.
Also read: Benefits of peanuts healthy taste delicious at all times.
After knowing the calories in Peanuts, you must make it clear now that it is not linked to many harmful effects, but it may be the reason you have some side effects as follows:
- Peanut allergy, where the thought of more food allergens.
- Shopping peace, where they can be contaminated peanut the types of mold that produce aflatoxin, which leads to tolerance, which may cause liver failure or liver cancer.
- May contain peanuts on a number of anti-nutrients, which weaken the absorption of your food and reduce its nutritional value.
Read Also: What are the negatives of peanut pathologies of peanut butter?
In the end, dear reader, after to know the number of calories in Peanuts and its benefits and harms., if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.