If you always need to eat snacks during the day, maybe the carrot is the best choice for you, as a kind of delicious vegetables with nutrients important for the body, continued with us dear reader the following article to learn the number of calories in carrots and nutritional value and benefits important to the health of your body.
Carrots are the vegetables useful and which is famous for the extent of its usefulness and the importance of health among all generations, it is always what is being said to children from a young age that eating carrots is very useful for you, or it helps to strengthen vision and growth.
The cultivation of carrots-purple, red, yellow, white, and long before the appearance of carrot orange color that has become commonplace now, where was the development of this genre by Dutch farmers in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
Carrots are vegetables rich in important nutrients andvitamins, can be added to salads, soups and all kinds of foods, it is also a vegetable that can be stored and saved for long periods.
Read also: the benefits of boiled carrots and nutritional value.. 10 different ways to eat carrots.
Calories in carrots
According to the information provided by the Ministry of Agriculture of America USDA the number of calories found in one carrot medium-sized (about 61 grams) is about 25 kcal.
Contain the same the fruit contains about 6 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugars, 0.5 grams of protein, and contains quite fat.
This means that I said calories in carrots significantly, but may increase the calories when you eat carrots in other ways by adding it in food and eat without trouble.
There was contradictory information over the years on the glycaemic GI of the islands, which is the index which refers to how much and how quickly to raise blood sugar by certain foods. Studies have shown that raw carrots have a low index raise blood sugar (only 35) may rise slightly in the case of cooked carrots.
Also read: Benefits of carrots for Men world — rich in vitamin A, which helps to lose weight.
Important nutrients in carrots
Ranges the content of the reflux water from 86 to 95%, in addition to the carbohydrates that are an important food in the islands, as it contains pectin which is considered the main form of soluble fiber, which help to improve health and reduce disease, as it contains fiber insoluble in water, which reduce constipation and regulate bowel movements.
In addition to the lack of calories in carrots it is considered a good source of vitamins and minerals which include:
Also read: Benefits of carrots for children to assess eyesight and the immune system.. and different ways to present it.
The plant compounds in carrots
After that you know the number of calories in carrots you must learn to plant compounds the main islands, which are anti-powerful antioxidant helps improve the product and reduce disease include:
- Beta-caroteneis converted to vitamin A in the body, and be absorbed better in the case of Cook Islands.
- Alpha-carotene, converted to vitamin A in the body.
- Who, there in the box yellow, orange, and important for eye health.
- Lycopene, reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease, and in the islands of purple and red.
- Polycarbonate acetylene, contributes to the protection from leukemia and other types of cancer.
- Anthocyanins, the powerful antioxidants found in carrots and dark color.
Also read: Benefits of carrots for skin .. the importance of vitamin A and beta-carotene.
The benefits of carrots
Besides the most important feature which is said percentage of calories in carrots is great, it has many health benefits multiple:
- Protects against cancer, contains powerful antioxidants that have anti-cancer effects.
- Prevention of cancer of the lung and colon cancer, because it contains beta-carotene.
- Prevention of cancer of the blood, proved one of the studies that carrot juice can kill leukemia cells and prevents their development.
- Improve vision, because it contains vitamin A, which prevents the incidence of dry eye, which affects vision natural.
- Control of diabetes, where the help of antioxidants and plant compounds in carrots on blood sugar regulation.
- Weight control, as a result of the lack of calories in carrots it helps to control weight, weight loss in excess of the regularity of the intake.
- Control your blood pressure, because it is rich in fiber and potassium, it helps to protection from high blood pressure and heart disease.
- An immune booster, contain vitamin C which boosts the immune system and protects from infections.
Also read: Benefits of carrot the health of the whole body.
In the end, after we have explained to you dear reader how many calories in carrot and its health benefits for quality, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.