Onions multiple benefits to the owners of diabetes. So, you know, in the next section on the benefits of onions for diabetes .. so that eating onions may help improve blood sugar levels.
Benefits of onions
Onions are members of the Allium flowering plants which also includes garlic and leeks. Containing these vegetables many of the vitamins, minerals, compounds and plants that have proven to promote health in several ways.
Benefits of onions and full of nutrients
- Onion is rich in nutrients, which means it’s low calorie but it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Onion contains average of 44 kcal only, but it offers a big dose of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Rich in vitamin C, is involved in the regulation of the health of the region and the production of collagen and tissue repair and iron absorption.
- Onion is also rich in vitamin B, including folate (B9) and pyridoxine (B6), which plays a rotary key in the process of metabolism , production of red blood cells and the function of the nerves.
Read also: what you don’t know about hardening of the arteries have diabetes.
The benefits of onions for diabetes and heart
- Contains antioxidants and compounds that mimic inflammation, and reduce triglycerides and levels of cholesterol in the blood. All of that may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Help to its anti-inflammatory power and also to reduce high blood pressure and protect against blood clots.
- Onion also helps in reducing the cholesterol levels in the blood. Which helps in lowering blood sugar and maintain normal.
Read also: what you don’t know about methods of prevention of diabetes.
The benefits of onions for sugar and combat cancer.
- Wearing the intake of vegetables of the genus Allium such as garlic and onion decrease the risk of certain types of cancer, including stomach cancer and colon cancer.
- A study of 26 cases that people who ate the highest amount of vegetables allium were less likely to 22% gastric cancer than those who ate less.
- It has been linked to these properties of anti-cancer compounds, sulfur antioxidants and flavonoids found in vegetables allium.
Read also: what you don’t know about the Prevention of diabetes.
Benefits of onions and to manage blood sugar
- If you are having difficulty in managing your blood sugar, it helps you eat the onions in your diet improved.
- Where I mentioned an article published 2014 in the Journal of nutrition that the initial research suggests that onion may have an effect on the shortage of sugar in the blood for people suffering from diabetes.
- Note the authors estimated that the sulfur compounds found in onions, which methylcysteine وquercetin flavonoid, may be responsible for effects on blood sugar. However, it is necessary to conduct further research before making claims or recommendations for the use of onions to help lower blood sugar.
Read also: proper nutrition for diabetics with exercise.
Benefits of onion for diabetics
May help eating onions in the sugar control in blood, which is important for diabetics.
- A study of 42 people from Type 2 diabetes that eating 3.5 (100 grams) of fresh red onions that may reduce blood sugar levels by about 40 mg/dL four hours after eating it.
- Compounds found in the onion, compounds such as quercetin and sulfur, the effects of anti-diabetes.
- Also shows that the compound quercetin reacts with cells in the small intestine, pancreas, and skeletal muscle, adipose tissue and liver development in the regulation of blood sugar of the entire body.
Read also: meals for diabetics and some ways of preparation.
Benefits of onions in your diet.
Chart low-calorie non-starchy vegetables, the onion constitutes a healthy addition to your diet. There are many ways to add onions to the content of your meals daily. Where add the onion raw provided some of the flavor to sandwiches and salads. You can also roasting thick slices and enjoy chart with your meal. Try cut and reduced, and used them to add another flavor with the meat and grains.
Read also: what you don’t know about diabetic retinopathy
In the end, after that you know the benefits of onions for diabetes .. if you have any further queries you can consult one of our doctors here.