We also know that feeding the diabetic patient is no less important than treatment, so many are wondering about the benefits of Kiwi for diabetes, can a diabetic eat safely? is, For the benefits of Kiwi for diabetics affiliated with us dear reader this article.
What is the nutritional value of Kiwi’s?
- Energy 61 kcal.
- Protein 1 gram.
- Carbohydrates 14.66 G.
- Fat 0.52 g.
- Fiber 3 grams.
The benefits of Kiwi public health
Do the benefits of Kiwi for me only? Of course not, these are some of the benefits of Public Health:
- An important source of vitamin C if you think that lemon and oranges are the top source of vitamin C, think again! As it contains vitamin C twice in the lemon and orange, and works as an antioxidant.
- It also helps in strengthening the body’s immunity against harmful pathogens.
- Also enhances the visibility, in addition to vitamin K and A and also rich in minerals and calcium.
- Revealed numerous studies have shown that kiwi fruit contain many compounds useful medically, among which antioxidants and serotonin may be useful in the treatment of sleep disorders.
- A good source of dietary fiber has shown that increased consumption of foods rich in fiber can reduce the risk of heart disease and blood vessels coronary heart disease.
- That is good as it contains kiwi fruit on the enzyme known as theaction, it helps to digest proteins in the body and is recommended for patients who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.
- In addition to that it helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, because it reduces the fat and reduces the risk of blood clots.
- Rich about andpotassium, which also helps in protecting blood vessels and heart, in addition to omega-3.
- A good source of folate, say that it is good for pregnant women because it helps in the growth of her fetus.
- Kiwi is alkaline in nature, which means that it helps in counteracting the effects of acidic foods that we use often.
- It is said that vitamins located in kiwi are important for the skin, because it works as an antioxidant.
Read Also: 10 myths about feeding the diabetic patient.
What are the benefits of Kiwi for me?
Studies have shown that the Kiwi can be consumed by diabetics of Type 1 and 2.
- Rich in fiber and fructose, the glycemic index of a Kiwi is very low, this means that eating this fruit will not increase the blood sugar significantly.
- Contains inositol (Inositol) needed to control the blood sugar levels in diabetics, it stimulates the cells to absorb glucose, which in turn helps in low blood sugar.
- Kiwi fruit, low-fat and thus dealt with does not lead to weight gain note that you must regulate the weight of patients with Type II diabetes.
- Contains anti-oxidants which its benefits numerous and its role in promoting the region.
Read also: know the foods rich in antioxidants and their role in protecting the body from diseases.
What are the benefits of Kiwi for in the regulation of blood sugar?
- Index blood sugar low, because the high fiber content slows the absorption of sugar during digestion, thereby rising blood sugar will be slow significantly.
- Can reduce the rate of glucose absorption from other foods, where they showed a new scientific study reports that eating kiwi with breakfast will lead to slow the rise in blood sugar.
- Extremely high capacity to retain water, when ingested attracts the fibers of the Kiwi water so that it swells and becomes like jelly.
- When breakfast is digested, are broken down and digestion of food into sugars smaller and moving more slowly through this jelly, resulting from the digestion of Kiwi, and this leads to the absorption of the sugar at a low rate.
Read also: is fruit useful for diabetic patients?
In the end, after that you dear reader on the benefits of the big Kiwi, whether you are diabetic or not, we recommend you to consumption of foods rich in fiber, in order to look more healthy, if you are diabetic be careful, always eat and if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.