Signs of anemia caused by iron deficiency
Symptoms of anemia caused by iron deficiency the transfer of the access of oxygen to the entire body and may include:
- The color of the skin pale or yellow complexion.
- Unexplained tiredness or lack of energy.
- Shortness of breath or chest pain, especially with activity.
- General weakness, unexplained.
- Rapid beating of the heart.
- A headache, especially with activity.
- Fragile nails or hair loss.
Are diagnosed with anemia caused by iron deficiency by blood tests that should include a complete blood count (CBC).
May be requested to perform additional tests to evaluate levels of serum ferritin, iron and capacity to bind the iron, or transferrin.
In the case of a person infected with anemia resulting from iron deficiency, show these tests returned the following results:
- Low hemoglobin and hematocrit.
- Reduced size of cell (MCV).
- The ratio of ferritin is low.
- The ratio of serum iron low.
- The ratio of trans staff high.
- The low percentage of iron.
- In iron deficiency, acute be the number of white blood cells low number of platelets is low or high.
Treatment of iron deficiency
Even if it was possible to determine the cause of iron deficiency and its treatment, it is still usually necessary intake of iron Medical (a larger amount of iron found in foods) in order to correct deficiency and replenish iron stores in the body.
There are several ways to increase iron consumption:
- Meat: beef, or lamb, especially organ meats like liver.
- Poultry: chickens, turkeys, ducks, especially liver and dark meat.
- Fish especially oysters and sardines.
- Green leaves such as cabbage and green cabbage including broccoli and kale.
- Grains such as green peas and beans.
The amount of iron needed to treat patients who suffer from iron deficiency higher than the amount found in most multivitamin supplements daily. So will be the amount of iron that your doctor has prescribed ballet (mg) of iron initial. Where most of the people who suffer from iron deficiency to 150 – 200 mg per day of iron the initial (2 to 5 mg of iron per kilogram of body weight per day). Research found that vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) helps iron absorption, and some doctors eat 250 mg of vitamin C with iron tablets.
- Best to consult your doctor about the number of milligrams of iron that must be dealt with daily.
- If you take vitamins, bring her to the doctor to make sure. If you take antacids, you should take iron tablets two hours before or four hours of antacids.
- American Society of Hematology (2019) Iron-Deficiency Anemia, Available at: https://www.hematology.org/Patients/Anemia/Iron-Deficiency.aspx (Accessed: 15 November 2019).
- James L Harper (2019) Iron-Deficiency Anemia, Available at: http://reference.medscape.com/article/202333?src=medscapeapp-android&ref=email (Accessed: 15 November 2019).