And or year
Is a herb that comes from several different types of plants Cassia flowering Cassia senna the use of foliage and flower and its fruits as a laxative for the digestive system, and its use to traditional Chinese medicine because they contain compounds acid, which greatly reduce constipation.
Available year on several forms: capsules, tea bags, powder or tablets and the pilot.
Is considered safe for adults and children over the age of two years but was not in favour of using it for more than two weeks .
- Oils pilot.
- Glucose untrained Sennosides.
- Flavones were.
- Glucose even.
Use the leaves of the year as a facilitator either to treat constipation as well as to clear the bowel before diagnostic tests such as colonoscopy or in some cases to help in weight loss as it is a component of some conventional laxatives which do not need a prescription.
Used year also in Irritable Bowel Syndrome and surgery of the anal hemorrhoids.
Alert / the fruits of the year’s nicer than the leaves of the year that has led to the leadership of the association herbal products American AHPA warning of long-term use of the leaves of the year, but not from the fruit.
- The use of this product if the person has pain or diarrhea in the abdomen.
- On the placements or the need to consult health care provider before using the herb.
- Not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Avoid long-term use (not used for more than about two weeks).
- Children: 8.5 mg per day.
- Kids above 12 years and adults: 17.2 milligrams per day and 34.4 daily.
- Older adults: 17 mg daily.
- Breastfeeding after birth: 28 mg per day, divided into two doses per day.
Can Since to cause some uncomfortable side effects and even sometimes serious and can include:
- Contractions tired.
- The loss of fluid.
- Tummy ache.
- The imbalance of minerals.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Feeling faint.
Long-term use of the price can cause dependence on it in order to get a bowel movement, rectal bleeding, tremors, the person who is suffering from any of these side effects check with his doctor, especially if you don’t choose.
It is necessary to drink a lot of fluids or the replacement of electrolyte, such as Gatorade; this is to prevent the person from losing too much fluid or minerals, especially if suffering from diarrhea.
To deal with cramps or pain in abdomen, a person can reduce the dose until he calms down discomfort.
Use year for pregnant or breastfeeding women
Use year during pregnancy is somewhat controversial, because it is the absorption of a minimum of glycosides younger of the intestine, as it does not lead to fetal malformations, but some suggest data to stimulate the lining of the uterus, as well as the effects of the causative mutations and the genome with the use of the year; therefore the pregnant women with constipation consult with your doctor in order to get the recommendation optimal on it.
It seems that the year is safe for women who are breastfeeding, when you use it in the recommended amount. Despite the passage of a small amount of herbs into breast milk, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect on the baby’s stool breastfeeding.
Pregnant women, nursing mothers may be the first be safe to use during pregnancy. Should pregnant women with constipation speak with your doctor before using Senna or any laxative another.
Reactions to food and pharmaceutical industries
Should people taking medications or herbal supplements following avoid eating the year:
- Contraceptives: can interact age with a form of estrogen in certain contraceptives, may make birth control less effective, which increases the likelihood of accidental pregnancy.
- Digoxin: a tooth can cause imbalance of electrolyte in the body, especially in potassium levels. Low potassium can cause problems for someone digoxin reason with.
- Diuretics: some diuretics also reduce potassium levels and other minerals. Taking these both drugs together can lead to low potassium levels to a dangerous level.
- Estrogen: reacts estrogen in alternative treatments to hormones in the same way as the interaction of contraceptive pills, use in particular with hormone replacement therapy may mean that the estrogen is not absorbed.
- Horsetail: horsetail is a herb it takes some people for several different reasons. There are those who believe that Horsetail can lower potassium levels in some people. Taking Senna with Horsetail may reduce potassium levels too much.
- Licorice: licorice also lowers potassium levels. People should avoid taking both licorice and reason with.
Alerts to certain risks
There are some reports about the presence of persons suffering from liver damage, coma or nerve damage after the use of the year in these cases people were using senna in doses much higher than recommended doses and for a longer.
Should not be used in people who suffer conditions that certain medical year including:
- Diseases of the heart.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Also any person suffering pain in the abdomen and children under the age of two should not use year.
- Drug.com (Oct 14, 2019) senna, Available at: https://www.drugs.com/npp/senna.html (Accessed: 29/11/2019).
- Yokoyama S, Hiramoto K2, Yamate Y2, Ooi K2 (2017 Jun 21) Influence of Repeated Senna Laxative Use on Skin Barrier Function in Mice, Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28761288 (Accessed: 29/11/2019).
- Manhal Izzy, Anju Malieckal, Erin Little, and Sury Anand ( May 6, 2016) ‘World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther’, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/, 7(2)( 10.4292/wjgpt.v7.i2.334), pp. 334-342.
- Nicole Galan (January 20, 2018) ‘Is senna tea safe to drink?’, Medical news toda, 20th January