Gestational diabetes is diabetes, or high blood sugar levels, that develops during pregnancy, which occurs in about 4% of all pregnancies, usually diagnosed gestational diabetes in the late stages of pregnancy, and often occurs in women who do not have their previous history of diabetes, maybe you’re wondering darling case for the analysis of gestational diabetes and its causes, in order to do this, keep with us to this decision.
Of at risk of gestational diabetes?
You can get any woman with gestational diabetes during pregnancy, but you’re at increased risk if:
- Body mass index (BMI) above 30.
- You have had a previous baby weighing 4.5 kg or more at birth.
- You suffer from gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy.
- Equivalent to one of your parents or your siblings from diabetes.
- You are of South Asian or African descent, or Caribbean, or Middle Eastern descent.
If any of these situations applies to you, you should know you have gestational diabetes screening during pregnancy.
Analysis gestational diabetes
If you are at risk for gestational diabetes of pregnancy, it is likely that you have a screening test during the third trimester of pregnancy, between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy.
Symptoms of gestational diabetes
Usually gestational diabetes does not cause any symptoms, and discover most of the cases only when you are testing your sugar levels in the blood during the screening of gestational diabetes, and may appear on some women the symptoms if the blood sugar levels significantly (hyperglycemia), such as: increased thirst, needing to urinate more than usual, dry mouth, fatigue, but some of these symptoms are common during pregnancy and not necessarily a sign of gestational diabetes, check with your midwife or doctor if you are concerned about any symptoms their cooperation.
Read also more about: signs and symptoms of gestational diabetes.
The effect of gestational diabetes on you and your baby
Most women with gestational diabetes have a normal pregnancy with healthy children, however, can cause gestational problems such as:
- Your baby’s growth more closely than usual, this may lead to difficulties during childbirth and increases the likelihood of the need for caesarean section.
- A lot of amniotic fluid (the fluid that surrounds the baby) in the uterus, which can cause problems at birth.
- Premature birth, i.e. birth before the 37th week of pregnancy.
- Preeclampsia, a condition causing high blood pressure during pregnancy can lead to pregnancy complications if not treated.
- Your child suffers from low blood sugar, or yellowing of the skin and eyes (yellow or jaundice) after birth.
- The loss of your baby (stillbirth), although this is rare, the incidence of gestational diabetes you are also at increased risk of Type 2 diabetes in the future.
How to analyze sugar pregnancy?
You may choose screening tests a little bit depending on your healthcare provider, but generally include:
Glucose tolerance test the initial
You’ll feel a solution of glucose, after one hour, you will have a blood test to measure the level of sugar in the blood, promotes the blood sugar level of 190 milligrams per deciliter, or 10.6 million per liter, to gestational diabetes.
Usually considered a blood sugar of less than 140 mg / dL (7.8 mmol / L) normal glucose tolerance test, although this may vary by clinic or lab, if the level of sugar in the blood is higher than normal, you will need another test to determine the glucose to determine if you are infected with this condition.
Follow-up glucose tolerance test
Looks like this test is a preliminary test, with the exception that the mobile sweet will contain more sugar, and blood sugar testing every hour for three hours, and if they read the blood sugar is at least above average, will be diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
Treatment of gestational diabetes
If you suffer from gestational diabetes, can reduce the chances of problems in pregnancy by controlling blood sugar levels, you will be given a test group of blood sugar so that you can monitor the effects of treatment.
Can reduce blood sugar levels by changing your diet and exercise, however, if these changes do not reduce blood sugar levels enough, you need to take medication also, this may be tablets or insulin injections, and will also monitor you closely during pregnancy and childbirth to get rid of any potential problems.
In the end, after that you know with us honey on the leadership of gestational diabetes , don’t hesitate dear incident in the consult your doctor, if you feel any offer not supported, always make sure to your safety.
Calculator pregnancy and birth
You can calculate the pregnancy birth and also account of pregnancy conference, calculate the expected date of birth of your child .. and see how it grows now inside of you! The first day of the last menstrual cycle to you is: