Migraine is one of the most common diseases in all countries of the world, may cause this type of headache sometimes to make the person unable to work for several days.
Come with us and learn about this disease with causes and symptoms of the most important roads in the treads.
Migraine usually occurs with a headache, mild or severe, a mild pain on one side of the head or both sides, where many people suffer some symptoms such as nausea,vomiting and sensitivity to light or sound.
Migraine is a common disease that affects about one out of every five women and about one out of every 15 men, and usually begins in early adulthood.
As defined migraine as a neurological disorder associated with headache severe, and in general a lot of people who suffer from this headache often associated with this disease of tension or anxiety.
Types of migraines
There are several types of migraines including:
Migraine headaches of the first type:
So there are signs specific warning before the start of a migraine such as seeing flashes of light in front of the eye or the presence of a spot of light means it starts often symptoms optical, these symptoms usually take between 10 and 30 minutes.
Migraine, type II:
This is the most common type where the migraine occurs without warning signs specific.
Migraine without headache:
Also known as a migraine so that the patient experiences other symptoms of a migraine but without an accompanying headache.
The causes of migraine headaches
The exact cause of migraines is unknown, although it is believed that it is caused by temporary changes in chemicals, nerves and blood vessels in the brain.
About half of the people who suffer from migraines have someone close suffering from the same condition suggesting that the genes may be the cause of headaches and migraines, some researchers have found that the link genetic between migraine anddepression may be present.
It also connects some people a migraine of some of the factors may include:
- The beginning of life.
- The stress and anxiety.
- The stress and fatigue.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Sleep disorders.
- Exposure to smell very annoying.
- Eating some special foods or beverages where consumption is a sudden certain foods (such as industrial andsoybean and dairy products, caffeine, chocolate, fruits, citrus fruits, bananas, avocados, etc.) a cause of migraine.
- Extreme exposure to the sun.
- Can lead to lack of minerals and vitamins also to migraines.
- As the most common cause of infection of migraine is the scarcity of water and lack of balance in the body.
- The intake of some specific drugs.
- Environmental factors the surrounding.
One of the most causes of migraine also:
Depression and feeling tired after sleep as if these patients are looking for places dark and quiet for rest.
- The main symptoms of migraines are usually a severe headache on one side of the head.
- The pain is usually a feeling of suffocation is moderate or severe, which is getting worse when moving, which leads to prevent a person from doing activities natural.
- In some cases the pain can occur on either side of the head may affect the face or neck.
- Can be depressed and upset one of the symptoms of an outbreak of disease migraine headaches because some people who suffer from migraine symptoms feel very depressed suddenly although there is no specific reason for it.
- And other symptoms commonly associated with migraines include:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, this is the reason that a lot of people want to rest in a dark room when they are with migraine.
- The feeling of heat or cold.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- The source says they are migraines, they often can not sleep at night even though they don’t suffer from difficulty in sleeping for long periods at nights past.
- People with migraine usually have bleeding in the nose and exposed to the Ceylon of the nose or the eye, a study has found that 2% of people with headache as a result of injury to their sinuses suffering from migraine.
- It is the oldest sign of a migraine is pain on one side of the head or on the side of my head one of the old symptoms of migraine.
- People with migraine usually develop pain in the neck after this stage the pain in the head which refers to the emergence of migraine attacks.
- Can be a yawn usually the symptoms of the emergence of migraine attacks, the frequent yawning to headaches and migraines.
- May lead light to the aggravation of migraines people who suffer from migraine usually committed in dark places because of the strong light and noise high ambient that lead to a migraine.
- Cause one of the types of migraine headaches in the incidence of dizziness or double vision or even vision loss, has to lose some persons with migraine balance, sometimes the Don’t walk well.
The stages of development of migraine disease
The stage before the headache:
Where a person has changes in mood, low in energy and appetite that can occur hours or days of an attack of the disease.
The stage of the appearance of visual problems:
Like having a light flashing in front of the eye or the spot of light which can occur for a period of five minutes to an hour before the headache.
The stage of headache:
Where shows usually pain painful or suffocating on one side of the head often accompanied by nausea, vomiting or severe allergic reactions to bright light and loud noise, which can last for four hours.
The start-up phase notes pain:
So when the fading headache and other symptoms associated gradually, the person feels tired after a few days.
When to consult a doctor?
- If you have severe symptoms of migraine you should see your doctor.
- Can be simple drugs like paracetamol to be effective in the treatment of migraine headaches, however be careful not to eat a lot of drugs.
- If you suffer from frequent migraines (more than five days in a month) even if you are taking medication you can visit your doctor to diagnose your condition and prescribe preventive treatment.
- If you someone the symptoms the following, you should go to the doctor or to the hospital as a case of emergency immediately:
- Paralysis or weakness in one or both hands or one side of the face.
- If it was hard for him to talk.
- A sudden headache unlike what you know him from before.
- A headache with a high temperature (fever), stiff neck, mental disorder, bouts of severe pain, blurred vision, and rash.
These symptoms may be a sign of a more serious condition such as a stroke or meningitis, so you should evaluated to consult a physician as soon as possible to prevent any undesirable complications.
Diagnosis of migraine
Diagnosis is generally based on the symptoms felt by the patient.
To personalize the patient needs the doctor to the medical record is very detailed, the information provided by the patient about the pain task.
Most patients don’t need to see a neurologist to diagnose the disease.
May be requested only in cases of suspected occurrence of headache secondary or other diseases, and tests common to see migraine diagnosis there are MRI and CAT scan.
How can I prevent migraine?
- If there is a specific reason in the incidence of migraine such as stress or certain types of food, it may help avoid these causes reduce the risk of migraine.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle including regular exercise and andbalanced nutrition, in addition to ensuring hydration of your body well.
- Avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol.
- If you find that your migraine is not controlled by prescribed drugs, may prescribe the doctor something more powerful.
- During any attack for what most people find to sleep in a dark room is the best what to do especially when attacking the migraine the sense of being in A Quiet Place.
- Others find that eating helps in the treatment of some thing.
- If you suffer from acute migraine or tried to avoid the causes of disease and still suffer from symptoms has your doctor prescribes drugs to prevent migraine headaches and you only need to eat regularly and stop it only after medical consultation.
The treatment of migraine
There is currently no cure for migraines, although a number of treatments to help relieve symptoms:
Intake of medications:
Must be a lot of migraine patients that painkillers such as paracetamol and aspirin can help reduce symptoms, where these drugs are more effective in the first signs of the incidence and duration of a migraine headache because it takes time until it is absorbed into the bloodstream and soothe the symptoms.
Not recommended to wait until the worsening of the headache by taking aspirin because it is often too late.
Is the solvent (tablets that dissolve in a glass of water) a good alternative because the body absorbs it quickly.
Eating the counter medications for migraines under the consult a doctor Where can Drugs Anti-disease known as antiseptics to treat migraine in some people even if they suffer from nausea or vomiting, may prescribe for you your doctor it can be used with pain relievers.
Change the diet:
The consumption of certain foods can cause migraines in people susceptible to infection.
Although a change of diet or dietary pattern can help prevent migraines in the future.
In general it is necessary to increase the consumption of natural foods and minimize the processed products (sweets, snacks, prepared foods, etc.).
If the drug helps in the Prevention of migraine headaches may wish to mission into the treatment and conduct acupuncture at a rate of 10 sessions over five to eight weeks may be helpful.
Requires acupuncture to press on certain parts of the body to stimulate certain parts of the body in this way will lead to the removal of the contractions of the muscles and relieve the pain.
In addition to the drugs listed above may recommend a specialist with other treatments such as transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Magnetic stimulation of transit (TMS) for the treatment and Prevention of migraine which includes TMS carry a small electric in your head sends magnetic pulses through your skin.
It is not clear exactly how it works TMS in the treatment of migraine headaches, but studies have shown that the use of it in the beginning of a migraine can reduce the severity.
It can also be used with the drugs listed above with or without its intervention.
The evidence on the effectiveness of this method is not strong and limited to people who suffer from migraine headaches of a certain type.
Fast treatment for migraines in magnesium:
Magnesium deficiency one of the essential minerals in the body can cause migraines, nervous where research indicates that supplementation with magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraine headaches in some people.
You should consult your doctor about magnesium supplements especially the who have other diseases besides migraines.
Drink enough water:
Is not drinking enough water is one of the most important causes of migraine headaches and the scarcity of water alone can cause headaches.
Must people suffering from severe drought to use lotions oral soluble in water to replace the electrolytes lost.
If you drink water throughout the day in sufficient quantities and keep a healthy diet is usually enough to maintain body moisture.
The treatment of migraine for pregnant women and lactating mothers:
In general the drug should be limited as much as possible when a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding.
If the medication is necessary the doctor may prescribe pain medication less such as paracetamol.
In some cases, medications may be prescribed anti-inflammatory or terpetan.
You should talk to your doctor or midwife before taking medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Herbal remedies to treat migraine
The fastest way to treat migraine is the treatment natural ingredients and grass, How get rid of a migraine in 5 minutes with some remedies homemade:
Use essential oils:
Usually oils are used as treatments or natural anti-bacterial.
Andlavender oil (lavender) is one of the oils that are commonly used to treat stress, anxiety, headaches, a study has shown Medical neurology that inhaling lavender oil can help in the treatment of migraine headaches in some people.
One of the best ways to cure severe migraine without medication is to drink natural grape juice, where the drink a glass of natural grape sugar-free will significantly reduce migraine pain.
If you include some nuts in your daily diet is one of the best pain relievers to ease the pain of migraine (almonds and peanuts) contain significant amounts of compounds salicylates which is one of the best pain relievers with a mechanism similar to aspirin.
The ginger root is one of the best pain relievers to relieve and treat migraine pain without medication.
Although chewing ginger increases the secretion of the “fat” in the cells, the debt can calm down the nerves that respond to pain, it also relieves nausea.
Lemon juice and salt:
Can relieve migraine headaches in a few minutes.
Water, lemon juice, two spoons of salt.
Mix the ingredients and wait a few minutes.
One thing must be taken into account when choosing a material is to be file with good quality (sea salt) is a good sort is extremely useful because it contains 80 kinds of metal (including magnesium) increases the levels of serotonin, it also helps relieve pain and inflammation.
And health benefits of lemon are that it is rich in vitamins and can be used as a detoxification natural to improve liver function, so that it can excrete toxins effectively, and can remove the symptoms of headaches.
And helps mix the lemon and salt to restore alkaline balance natural in the body, strengthens the immune system, boosts energy levels, and to balance serotonin levels that can help in regulating the mood.
In the end …
- When using painkillers, always make sure to read the instructions for taking the drug and follow the dosage recommendations.
- Should not deal with children under the age of 16 aspirin unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Not recommended adults eat pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen especially those who have stomach problems such as ulcers or liver problems or kidney problems.
- If you have to take pain medication frequently or if it is not effective, talk to your doctor.
- If you find that some pain relievers or frequent use of pain relievers may cause you headaches, you have to tell your doctor has advised not to use them.
- If you don’t help normal pain killers relieve the symptoms of migraine headaches, you should see your doctor.